The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Ontario <Living life for the journey not the destination>

Arrow 4 Gold Premium foals and 3 Premium mares. RPSI inspection results. Pictures included.

What a fabulous day it was. The 2009 RPSI inspection at Blazing Colours Farm had 21 horses to be presented.

The three foals I bred received Gold Premium and the one mare I own/bred received the title of Premium mare!!! I could not be more thrilled and am just very, very pleased with how the whole day went. All the horses and owners did a fabulous job. The horses were all beautifully turned out as well!!! Here is a link to all the photos
    Index to all horses photographed by Equine Eye Photography
    but as it can be a bit hard to tell who is who I am posting some direct links to my horses.

My mare is Miragold by Mirabeau out of Winsome Gold. She can be seen here...
    Miragold Pict 1
    Miragold Pict 2
    Miragold. Sweet mare.

My three foals were Mira-Prince (Mirabeau x Princess Vera)
    Mira-Prince pict 1
    Mira-Prince Pict 2
    Mira-Prince Pict 3

Miralexus (Mirabeau x Fascination II)
    Miralexus Pict 1
    Miralexus Pict 2
    Miralexus Pict 3

Formal Attire (Arts Aero x Maika My Dinner)
    Formal Attire Pict 1
    FormalAttire Pict 2
    Formal Attire Pict 3

Of the 21 total there were 10 foals of 2009, 2 yearlings and 9 mares.

The Gold Premium Foals were
    Mira-Prince by Mirabeau out of Princess Vera. Owned/bred by Blazing Colours Farm (BCF)
    Miralexus by Mirabeau out of Fascination II. Owned/bred by BCF
    Formal Attire by Arts Aero out of Maika My Dinner. Owned/bred by BCF
    Secret Agent by Coconut Grove out of Starborn Stella. Owned/bred by Sugar Brook Farm

The Silver Premium Foals were
    Mirakey by Mirabeau out of Brass Monkey. Bred/owned by Flying Colours
    Prized Prozession By Mirabeau out of Creme of the Crop. Bred/owned by Flying Colours
    Gran Finale By Arts Aero out of This is for Gran. Bred/owned by Flying Colours
    Pavian by Baron Van Gogh out of Reputed To Be. Bred/owned by Amanda Marullo
    Remmington Steele by Rafiki out of Coming Attraction. Bred/owned by Janet Konyer
    Ruby Tuesday by Rafiki out of Cover Girl. Bred/owned by Janet Konyer

The yearlings were
    Mirabella By Mirabeau out of Sunny Kat. Owned/bred by Jennifer Sharp
    Rondo By Nilena/Nimbus out of Magic Marker. Owned by Randi Lynn

The Premium Mares were
    Miragold by Mirabeau out of Winsome Gold. Owned/bred by Blazing Colours
    Artemis IV by Sir Lloyd out of Aviati. Owned by Lisa LeBlanc
    Whiskeys Knights by Whiskey Wisdom out of Past Glories. Owned by Foresthaven Farm

The mares presented were (all scoring well enough for main mare book)
    Cover Girl by Eastern Ruler out of Widemann owned by Janet Konyer
    Coming Attraction by Rhombus. Owned by Judy McDonald
    A Little Amused by Musing out of Little Missie. Owned by Tasha Wayenberg. Bred by Blazing Colours Farm
    Sunny Kat by Katowice out of Sunnys Rose. Owned by Jennfier Sharp
    This is for Gran by Birdonthewire out of Spiritofessa. Owned by Flying Colours Farm
    Brass Monkey by Hes a Tough Cat out of Thesixthofmay. Owned by Flying Colours

Thanks to my whole team for the extra long hours the day prior and day of. And also to Equine Eye Photography for photographing our event for the 3rd year in a row. Your pictures are fabulous!!! And of course to the RPSI inspection team; was a pleasure having you guys visit, as always!
    Last edited by Faiths CremelloWB; Aug. 16, 2009 at 02:53 PM.
    http://www.blazingcoloursfarm.com

Join us on FACEBOOK
    Living life for the journey, not the destination.

All the horses look fabulous! And the pictures are really nice.

Which one is the Musing mare? I lost my Musing daughter and horse of a lifetime earlier this year to colic and I'm always interested to see who her "relatives" are.

Ah thanks so much The photographer does a good job and it is always to nice to go back and see all the horses after the inspection because the day of everyone is so busy preparing and presenting horses.

The Musing mare is the chesnut with the flaxen mane/tail. Her dam was a TB/Belgian. So not the most traditional WB pedigree. She scored decent but because of her pedigree she was placed in the pre-mare book. She is a competition horse and her owner has no intentions on breeding her, she just wanted to see what the inspectors had to say. Sorry you lost your mare. I have lost a few over the years and it never gets easier. They are all a part of the family.

Here is the Musing daughter... Cute mare and has one heck of a nice jump! She shows in the hunters.
    http://equineeyephotography.sslpower...10809_0314.htm

http://equineeyephotography.sslpower...10809_0362.htm

http://equineeyephotography.sslpower...10809_0372.htm

Join us on FACEBOOK

Haha, I was right! I picked her out of the line-up as my guess, they all seem to have a Musing "look" to them even with different breeding. In fact, before I moved to KY from Alberta I had come down to visit and a fellow COTHer was kind enough to invite me out to her farm. I was looking at her TrakXTB and said, gee there is something about him that seems familiar, kind of looks like my mare in the head/neck. Sure enough, he was a Musing, we had a good laugh at the fact we both had one.

Great pics! Love the first pic of the first foal!

Congrats on such a great day!! Love the pics too!!

Good job beaulilly! I have not seen many Musing offspring out here in Ontario but in BC there were quite a few.

Olympussporthorses, I LOVE that picture too. I wonder if the photographer will charge me *extra* for that one. That might have to be my new avantar on some of the BB's.

ElegantExpressionsFarm, thanks! It was a fabulous day. Not long after the inspection and everyone left we had an terrible T-storm. There was a river flowing across my outdoor sand ring, across the driveway and onto my lawn. It held off just long enough. It is so nice to have professional photos done that I can look back on after the inspection to see and enjoy all the horses who were presented. During the inspection we are always so busy with the prep and presenting (I did 9 of the 21). So love going back to look at all the photos now.

Join us on FACEBOOK