The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default OH Sadness!!!!! Starlight to be auctioned!

Just got my catalog in the mail today for the Oldenburg Fall Select Sale in Vechta. Imagine my surprise when I saw that Rick Silva's Horse of the Year, Starlight, will be the #1 offering. He is certainly a prize, prize catch for someone, I was just hoping against hope that Rick would be bringing him back to the US to stand at stud. Fingers crossed that someone from the US will buy him to stand here.

One of my clients got a Starlight foal as well as a friend, but I kept saying "next year" and now I could just KICK MYSELF!!!!
    Holly
    www.ironhorsefrm.com
    Oldenburg foals and young prospects
    LIKE us on Facebook!

Wow! I really hope the buyer presents him hanoverian. I would LOVE to use him on my Prince Thatch xx mare.
    Linda
    Home of EM Day Dream, SPS Pakesa, & SPS Destiny
    Breeders of USDF HOY Reminisce HM and USDF Reserve HOY Legacy HM
    http://wbstallions.net/hof-mendenhall/

Bummer! I lost my foal at 315 days this year. I have 2 contracts too. I was hoping that he would come back too...

Oh no! He was on my "someday in the future" list too.

I'll also be keeping my fingers crossed he is bought by someone in North America.

We have a Starlight yearling here. He is very nice. He will be showing in hand at Fair Hill and DAD.

Quote Originally Posted by peskee View Post
    We have a Starlight yearling here. He is very nice. He will be showing in hand at Fair Hill and DAD.
    Do you have M Ecloir's yearling or the one out of the TB mare? (I am guessing since I know those 2 were born in PA and nearby you)?

Quote Originally Posted by Edgewood View Post
    Do you have M Ecloir's yearling or the one out of the TB mare? (I am guessing since I know those 2 were born in PA and nearby you)?
    Yes we have M Ecloir's yearling here. We do not own him but board him and will show him some. His name is Sequoia. He is really tall and a great temperament.

Quote Originally Posted by Tasker View Post
    Buy some frozen while you still can!
    Absolutely ... I have a Starlight/Rosier filly who is a keeper and another Starlight foal due in January. Will contact Rick to get a couple more doses for my tank before the auction ... and wish them both well!

I am sorry to hear that as I know Rick really loves that horse. Best wishes to both of them.

I have heard that he is producing really, really well, and I look forward to seeing some of his foals at our inspection this year.

I am sad that Rick can't keep this fabulous stallion.I have two really nice fillies this year from him and could not be happier...........My humble opinion is that Starlight could have been one of the best stallions in the US. Anyone else agree? I hope he brings a good sum...............

Quote Originally Posted by Tasker View Post
    Buy some frozen while you still can!
    I've heard there is no more frozen in the US.?
    Chris Misita
    www.hiddenvalleyfarms.net Home of Bravo and Warrick!
    To dare; progress comes at this price. All sublime conquests are, more or less, the rewards of daring.
    Victor Hugo

From the Dreamstreet website it appears Lullaby has been sold to Switzerland as well. Does he have frozen available over here?
    Anne
    -------
    "Where knowledge ends violence begins." B. Ljundquist

Anyone know why he's selling them?
    PennyG

It's a sensible practice to move the gene pool around. He may be getting more impressive replacements !

I think we should stay tuned to his web site, especially around October time ;-)
    www.trevelyanfarm.com
    Follow us: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Tre...1609022?ref=ts
    Breeders of Sport Horses & New Forest Sport Ponies

I have a contract outstanding too. My maiden three year old mare refused to co-operate and get pregnant via frozen this year. She is now in foal to a local stallion.

Nice, nice stallion...wish I had a Starlight coming next year (although I am still pretty confident the hometown boy will give me a nice foal too).

I certainly don't know the back story to this but it is a shame he is leaving N.American soil. However, when he went to Europe my gut told me he wouldn't be back....
    I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food.

Quote Originally Posted by not again View Post
    From the Dreamstreet website it appears Lullaby has been sold to Switzerland as well. Does he have frozen available over here?
    There are limited frozen doses available for Lullaby and my understanding is Starlight's frozen is now sold out but Rick is maintaining a bank to honor current contracts and LFG's.

Contact Dream Street Stallions directly with any questions ... we have found them to be extremely accessible with quick responses ... very professional in every sense of the word.

I'm very sorry to see Starlight leave the U.S. (hopefully he'll return) ... but am looking forward to the new boys Rick will be bringing in!

There is a lovely Starlight filly at the barn where I board, I just bought the fillies dam. Hopefully he returns to the US.

Edgewood: I am the one with the Starlight colt out of the TB dam. He was premium GOV at exactly 30 days of age at his inspection. I am sorry to hear your fantastic mare lost her Starlight foal, I was so looking forward to seeing that one!

I am saddened to hear that Starlight may not be coming back to the US. I bred to Starlight his first year standing here in the US. He was not yet fully approved GOV and still needed 3 scores to get his licence. I was on pins and needles for months until he finally got his remaining 3 scores at PSG. Rick was great to work with. I met Starlight at Devon that year (2007) and his groom let me hang out in the stall with him. He was a true gentleman.

My colt is chesnut, a star, a snip and one hind sock to the fetlock. He has a stellar temperment and boy can he sit! He is tall and leggy, but has yet to go thru a gangly WB/ yearling phase. That reminds me I should take some pictures NOW to post on the bulletin board at Devon!

Peskee: My colt is in York, so a hop, skip and a jump away from Manheim. That is very cool!

Lisa