The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default MISSING HORSE ALERT- Out of CT!

I apologize if this has been posted already but I am from CT and just recieved this today. Please keep your eyes peeled for this mare-

Hello Everyone! Please help me find my horse!! She was leased out, (on trial), with a woman named Renee Wheeler of Torrington, CT. The Horse was boarded in Harwinton, CT on rt 72. She fled with the animal when I came to pick her up. She has been missing for three weeks. I have filed a police report but they are reluctant to help. She is not in good hands and I have reason to believe the horse's health is now at risk. This mare was a rescue from a PA slaughter pen and is missed terribly. The horse's name is "Run for Michael". She is a flea bitten grey Thoroughbred mare, 7 years old, 16hh. Her lip tattoo number is F24281. She cribs terribly and has at least one front tooth missing. The end of her tail bone is also deformed. See Pics below. Please call 203-515-5162 with any information.

Please email to all horse people you know, hopefully we'll be able to bring her home soon!!

Thank you so much!!

Kat

I cannot upload the photos to my photo site for some reason (firewall). I have them saved so if you would like to see them please PM me with your email and i can pass them along. I will try to post them from a different computer later on. PLEASE forward this to any horse person you may know, especially those in CT and the surrounding states (CT, MASS, NY, NJ, PA, VT, NH, ME, RI). For those of you who frequent the kill pens...keep your eyes open for her. You have her tatoo number. By looking at her pictures i can tell you she's built heavy with bone and looks warmbloody. She is not a steel grey, but she has a dark mane and the top of her tail is darker than the bottom. Her legs are dark grey all the way up and she has spotty dark grey dapples.

HERE IS THE EMAIL AND PHONE NUMBER OF THE OWNER:

Kat's email is kisthedark@aol.com

Please call 203-515-5162 with any information

PLEASE keep your eyes and ears open. Thanks!
    Last edited by farmgirl88; Jul. 23, 2009 at 09:28 AM.

I hope she finds the mare...I'll keep ears and eyes open.
    This person already has a record of animal neglect and hoarding:
    http://www.pet-abuse.com/cases/5190/CT/US/

Folks...google and look up anyone who will be leasing or buying your horse or even boarding them.
    You jump in the saddle,
    Hold onto the bridle!
    Jump in the line!
    ...Belefonte

yes they found that out afterwards...this lady is a looney so please just keep your eyes and ears open.

Has it been reported to Net Posse yet? If not, get them to do so right away.
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may be given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

My friends daughters filly, Peaches, was missing in NJ a couple months ago.
    [talk about a nightmare]

Anyway I will second or third the 'get it on Netposse'
    Thanks to the netposse alert we were able to get the flier out to so many people, anywhere you drove near where she went missing the flier was plastered.

We did find Peaches and *I* believe it was thanks to the flier.
    In the end the lady who found Peaches loose in her backyard contacted a 'horesy neighbor' who had the flier and could compare it to the horse to confirm ID.

conact info for the owner has been added to the end of the first post!!!!

Oh man, I thought that name rang a bell when I saw it in the first post. I had heard about her before.
    Hope they find that poor mare.