The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Tack and misc. items needed

Updated see final post!
    Donations have come to a screaching halt unfortunately and I have only reiceved of 4th of what I have each year in the past. Sigh. I really want to do a great job for all the kids and the families suffering through childhood cancer. Any donations would be greatly appreciated!!! Remember I will be happy to take dust and dirt along with the items as I am not afraid to get to cleaning
    Hello all. I am hosting my 5th Saddle Up for St. Jude ride and thought I might see if anyone has any items they would like to donate to be given as prizes or used for the silent auction. Can be new or used. It's all about raising money for the kids and this year is of course a tough year for most everyone to donate money but if most horse people are like me we tend to collect items and those items can go to a great cause. The silent auction is always a huge hit with everyone! I don't mind cleaning dirty items so feel free to ship dust and dirt along with items .
    This hits very close to home for me as my own neice is in stage III and has been for a couple of years. She is a fighter!
    So if you have anything that you would be willing to donate for the fight of children's cancer I would love to have it for my event which is scheduled for September. I only ask that items not need major repair.
    Of course I will be happy to mail reciepts for your taxes!
    Last edited by equislover; Sep. 23, 2009 at 09:48 AM.
    To ride a horse is to borrow freedom.

Default Yup, we have something for you!

My 13yo daughter and I make horsehair bracelets to support our private rescue. We would like to donate a bracelet for your silent auction. Please PM me so we can discuss this further. Thanks!

Please post where you are located....

and PM me a mailing address - I'm certain I can find something (or two) to send you.

Best wishes to a great cause.
    Quote Originally Posted by SmartAlex View Post

Give it up. Many of us CoTHers are trapped at a computer all day with no way out, and we hunt in packs. So far it as all been in good fun. You should be thankful for that.

When do you need the items by? I will look and see if I can find something. I agree that it would probably be easiest to post the shipping information here.

i was just about to start a thread about what to do with all the stuff in our trailer since we lost our sweet mare in april. if you give me an idea of what you would like and when you would like to have them, i can contribute.

I have a few things too, please let us who have things to contribute know where to send them.

Good luck!

Default any response from OP?

Has anyone heard from op replying to any offers?

Default Info on Ride

Sorry all, busy weekend and I was not able to check the posts. Many many thank you to all of you for your generous offers! So on to the details of the ride
    Ride will be held at Long C Trails in Westmoreland, TN on September 19th. I would love to start gathering the items now so that I can plan thier uses accordingly (prizes, silent auction, etc). Plus it helps with encouraging people to come and join in on the fun with a little motivation of the prizes or great deals possible
    Absolutely anything can be donated, it doesn't even have to be horse related! Unfortunately this is the first year I won't have a saddle to give away, probably a result of the tough economy with the company that normally donates but I am hoping to at least get lots of other goodies to draw in the riders!
    Please remember I will be happy to mail our reciepts for donations. If you would like one please just dot out a little not along with your address to send it to. Donations can be sent to:
    Tressa Flores
    1295 Linwood Road
    Watertown, TN 37184

Thank you again for all of the generous offers! Hugs to you all for making a difference!

bracelet on its way

Default Thank you

Thank you so much!

Default donations

I recieved the bracelet and it is beautiful. Thank you so much for your generous donation! It is certainly going to a wonderful cause!

Default desperate

Just bumping up. Would love to help you clean out your tack room

equislover, what about custom artwork? I'll PM.

// Oh yay. Now I'm VERY excited that I can help!

Default artwork

Thank you for sending me a pm! I am very excited about recieving your generous offer

Default starting to panick

Just wanted to bump this back up as I am starting to panick over donations as many of my regular donaters for the last 5 years are unable to donate this year. I know this is a very hard year for everyone and do understand however I want to keep trying as these fund raisers are so very important to me as there are so many families out there struggling with childhood cancer like my neice. No one should have to go through this. So if you have anything to donate I would be forever greatful. Thank you

I'm going to mail off some jewelry I've made...probably some earrings, a necklace, bracelet, etc. Good luck with your event!

I may have a saddle that is used but it great condition, just isn't a good fit for me or my horse. Let me crack open one of the 500 sheds and see if I can find it for you. Hopefully shipping won't be too bad since I'll send it from hubby's work. Maybe I can find a bridle to match too. I no longer ride with most of my tack anymore. Both horse and rider (me) prefer it that way now lol. I'll give you a shout but can't look until after a Dr appt today.
    The one good thing about repeating your mistakes is that you know when to cringe.

Default Thank you!

Thank you both for your generous offers! If you need help on shipping please do let me know as I am more than happy to pitch in!
    I can't thank you all enough, this just means the world to me!

I'll send you a couple things. I have some attractive pieces of horse jewelry that I don't wear and some bits of unused tack, etc. that I've acquired along the way. Expect a package sometime over the next several days.
    OTTBs rule, but spots are good too!

Default donation

I have a very nice silver bridle and rommel reins that I was going to put in the trash or treasure auction. I think it will be better served for the kids so will get it off to you right away.

Goodluck with your fundraiser.
    Our horses are not seen as the old and disabled they may have become, but rather as the mighty steeds they once believed themselves to be.

Sunkissed Acres Rescue and Retirement