The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

Default TB Eventing Stallion Prospect-Cormac/Call Royal lines

Name is Cor Magnifique. Can be found here:
    http://www.teamwallace.org/stallion
    http://www.pedigreequery.com/cor+magnifique

Bloodlines are certainly promising. Just thought I'd add, for those who bothered to look at the pedigree, that Princess Camelia is by Royal Canopy, sire of Bonne Nuit, and is out of Sunmelia, who is in Damascus's top side.
    Last edited by vineyridge; Jun. 30, 2009 at 10:21 AM.
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire

He has amazing freedom of movement and suspension at the trot. His walk is wonderful. A lot of people are not going to like his size, but that wouldn't hold me back. I'd like to see more of him cantering and jumping, but he looks like an excellent prospect. He certainly has the bloodlines for jumping.

I am the owner- breeder of a 3 year old by this horse. He got dad's/ granddad's head and hindquarters; is a bit long looking in the back and got his mamma's turf foot. Really kind of looks like the confo photo of his sire,just chestnut. Sorry, I don't have any recent pictures to post a link to. The head shot photo of Camden on the website is very flattering. I don't remember it looking that good. My guy's a bit above 15.1 hds now and looks like I might get 1 or 2 more inches. His dam http://www.pedigreequery.com/double+nice is about 15.1 hds, but had parents over 16 hds.

Camden has several full siblings that live down the road and they are easily 16.2 hds (maybe taller). IIRC there were 2 full sisters and 3 full brothers. The brothers were chestnuts. Only 1 of the other siblings didn't make +16 hds, she's maybe about 15.3 hds and was the first foal.

One of the local pros, Ashley Giles has an unregistered 5 year old by this stallion. He's a cute mover /jumper and I think he's for sale. Unfortunately, her website with pictures and price has disappeared.

Great bloodlines.......Mrs. Gosch had the eye for breeding lovely event horses. I remember the first "Cor" baby!!! I would give my last buck to bet this stallion has talent and will pass that on to his offspring.....just wish I had a mare to take to him.

I knew this horse's family as I spent many years at that barn.

BOC, a bay, was small as he was a twin. His sister, a chestnut, died due to underdeveloped lungs. He carries his dam's 17+ H genes - most of his offspring reached 16 or more hands. BOC had a full brother Corcall (bay 16.3H G), 2nd alternate to 1987 Pan Ams and long listed in 1988 and Coranglise (chestnut 16.2H M) who placed at Essex 3Day and competed well under 2 YR's.
    Surly Swain is the sire of my old mare, Seraphina, and he passed his willing attitude, soundness and big 'arse for jumping! He kept his tidy, tiny ears and passed on big honest ears. He was a solid 16-16.1 almost blood bay who sired both bays and chesnuts. There was a stakes race named for his dam's sire, Lovely Night.
    Macall - was 17+ hands, black with a blaze and socks. She was a lovely mare with a great personality.
    Johnny Can Hop was brought in to cross to the Cormac mares. He was a nice bay, 16+ H, with a quiet attitude.
    Great lines for breeding.
    "Never do anything that you have to explain twice to the paramedics."
    Courtesy my cousin Tim

Default Cor Magnifique

Camden is a great stallion. I have my 3star mare in foal to him--YAY!And another mare just about to pop any moment. He has incredible movement-very swingy and balanced, has natural lead changes, and also his stride is HUGE, and a jump to die for--trots a 4' oxer like a walk in the park. He was actually just broke this past december as a 9yo, so he is a little set behind, and now he is currently in the breeding shed. I wish I had him as a 3yo! He definitely has the scope for the 4star. He has a great brain and temperment, I turned him out with my geldings and bred him with a rope halter, ride him bareback and pony off of him. Has great feet--goes barefoot.
    I have had experience with this bloodline, as my fathers upper level horses were half siblings to camden, and the very first horse I ever broke was his half sister and I was 8!
    He really is a find for a breeder that wants a really nice athletic horse with a brain. Throws big babies! Hats off to Nancy Gosch for breeding some talented horses.

I wish I weren't so old. A generational breeding program takes YEARS to establish that I don't have.

I would love to breed a TB mare to Coronea Loughine by Bassompierre who is Wild Risk top and bottom and who is also the sire of Custom Made. Coronea Loughine's dam is RID. Then hope for a filly and breed to Cor Magnifique. The offspring would have the lines to be an eventing machine.

Added him to my list.....looking ahead for potential matches for my Aberjack mare.....but we are a few years off. Are his offspring pretty uphill? Love anything with Bonne Nuit....
    ** The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits. -- Albert Einstein **

Default cor magnifique

Offspring are very well balanced.

He is bred very much like Linny's sire, Call Buff. Call Buff was a lovely well balanced and striking horse.
    From similar lines come Jumphigh83's mare Corellis (aka Big) who could jump anything in her day.
    F O.B
    Resident racing historian ~~~ Re-riders Clique
    Founder of the Mighty Thoroughbred Clique

Quote Originally Posted by teamwallace View Post
    Camden is a great stallion. I have my 3star mare in foal to him--YAY!And another mare just about to pop any moment. He has incredible movement-very swingy and balanced, has natural lead changes, and also his stride is HUGE, and a jump to die for--trots a 4' oxer like a walk in the park. He was actually just broke this past december as a 9yo, so he is a little set behind, and now he is currently in the breeding shed. I wish I had him as a 3yo! He definitely has the scope for the 4star. He has a great brain and temperment, I turned him out with my geldings and bred him with a rope halter, ride him bareback and pony off of him. Has great feet--goes barefoot.
    I have had experience with this bloodline, as my fathers upper level horses were half siblings to camden, and the very first horse I ever broke was his half sister and I was 8!
    He really is a find for a breeder that wants a really nice athletic horse with a brain. Throws big babies! Hats off to Nancy Gosch for breeding some talented horses.
    Just curious, why was he not broken until he was 9? Was he hidden away someplace?

Just curious, why was he not broken until he was 9? Was he hidden away someplace?
    Yes. He was. His breeder never advertised her stallions, ever, to my knowledge. I am so happy this guy is finally getting some attention. I always wondered what kind of mare Boc (Camden's sire) would have gotten if she had promoted a bit more like Denny has with his stallions.

What great memories of WHS.....Mrs. Gosch started so many riders. Her breeding program just happened....I do not know why she didn't advertise...

Here is a little trivia question:

What does BOC stand for?

Just a wild guess or two.
    Cob backwards because he was so little?
    Best of Class?

I heard "Bank of Coweta" mentioned on occasion....LOL! There really is a bank in Newnan called Bank of Coweta.

Bank of Coweta is correct! Mr. Gosch named him that b/c BOC owned the farm! Always a great joke. Mrs. Gosch had a way w/naming horses.....

I wanted to name my guy, Cormudgeon. The JC said no, but it did make Mr. Gosch laugh. I still may show him under that name.

He would think it funny....!

Just an FYI
    http://www.useventing.com/competitio...orse_id=113986

This horse is one of Boc's last foals and is actively competing with Julie Richards and now Philip Dutton. Ray was not registered and I have no idea of his dam line.

http://www.useventing.com/competitio...horse_id=10956

is another by Boc and is Camden's full brother

Thanks.....I remember both as babies!