The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Registered Dutch Warmblood in SC-HAS BEEN PLACED

I have a 14 year old Dutch Warmblood gelding, I've got his KWPN papers. He is out of Concorde and Helma. He is drop dead gorgeous and has the ground manners of a saint, seriously! He does have navicular syndrome, but was sound with his maintenance protocol. It conisisted of eggbars all around, front and back (back for slipping stifle), and equipak up front as well. He also gets Cosequin. He has been out of work for several months and is now out to pasture barefoot. I've just been trying to give his feet time to heal, but he really is just not comfortable barefoot. He was trained to third level. He does know flying changes and does them very well. He has the best leg-yield I've ever ridden. He knows half-pass Has a lovely uphill canter. He is nervous undersaddle, but not rude. Does not bolt or rear. He just spooks at things. He could be amazing for an experienced dressage rider that doesn't mind the therapeutic shoeing costs. I would prefer a long-term free lease situation where you would return him to me if you no longer wished to keep him. But if you fell in love with him I would consider transferring ownership. I do have pics of him at some schooling shows from last summer. Please feel free to PM or ask any questions.
    Last edited by dwblover; May. 21, 2009 at 06:54 AM.

Do you have pictures? Also do you think he could work a few days a week, maybe one or two with proper shoeing? Also sending you a PM.

Oh absolutely. He was sound enough for showing with the proper therapeutic shoeing program, no bute needed. I had him in a regular lesson program being ridden at least three days per week for all of 2008. Only stopped riding him in January of 2009. I moved to SC from PA in January and bought a young OTTB who has taken up all my time, hence why this guy is out to pasture and barefoot at the moment. It's tough for me to afford two horses, especially with the therapeutic shoeing, and I'm really not the best dressage rider. That's why I'd love someone to take him and really see how far he can take you.