The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Wink Calling all Snobbington Hunt members!

Red Alert! Sighting of hunt members elsewhere!

The Snobbington Hunts Hon. Sec. was seen recently guesting with the Warrenton Hunt and her horses first hunt WAS A HUMILIATING EXPERIENCE! She was seen on an unclipped, shaggy bay 5 yr old and exhibited an incorrect "appointment" faux-paw. Please view the wonderful pictures and see if you can spot it! View #37 & #107 in the Galleries/ Warrenton Hunt/ Oakwood.
    Are there any other Snobbington members spotted elsewhere?!!! Were there any others there? Mme. Wateryglen did not spot her etiquette error until 3 friends pointed it out to her.....she has such great friends...
    She decided to forego the flaming saddle pad & beer hat. And where was XRab when we needed her!?? And WHY is she smiling!!????

And thank you to WH for their gracious hospitality & patience!

Go to printroom.com/pro/rclay , Galleries/ Warrenton Hunt/ Oakwood meet

Hmmm... it says broken link...
    View my photographs at www.horsephotoguy.zenfolio.com

Instead of just clinking on the link, cut and paste it into your browser's address bar. Then click "Galleries" top left and go from there.
    Snobbington Hunt clique - Whoopee Wagon Fieldmaster
    Bostonians, join us at- http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Boston_Equestrian
    NYC Equestrians- http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/urbanequestrian/

Maybe this link will work:
    http://www.printroom.com/ViewGallery...2461&curpage=1

I dunno Wateryglenn, my day will be seriously shattered if I learn you committed a faux pau that three people spotted.

Love that stick!

Quote Originally Posted by Equibrit View Post
    Love that stick!
    Good catch!

So Wateryglen enjoys primative tack, my kinda friend.

I hadn't notice the stick but I've seen people pick up sticks in the field to deal with recalcitrant ponies. I did notice no bit keepers or rein stops despite the use of a full cheek and a running martingale.

I don't know if that qualifies as a etiquette error or just personal preference.

Yes, and I was recently spotted hunting with a disgusting growth of facial hair. I was completely humiliated....

http://unbridledimages.smugmug.com/g...225_uo4cX-L-LB

Very nice photos! I like the stone wall. I think photo 122 is my favorite.

I was looking for someone with a hot pink saddle pad.
    Was that little wall at the top of a hill or something? Just curious.

I like picture 141. The smiling face says it all.

I thought the stick looked perfectly normal and the faux pas was galloping across a lawn!

That doesn't look like a beech stick. Those tend to take about 10 minutes to twist, rip and cajole from their branches. Looks like you made quick work of a good branch!

Quote Originally Posted by Major Mark View Post
    Yes, and I was recently spotted hunting with a disgusting growth of facial hair. I was completely humiliated....
    Oh, glue a hairnet on it, you'll be fine.

Here I am, in the distant past, impromptu-ly hunting in Aiken- twas the Master that loaned me the very chic coat.

http://s222.photobucket.com/albums/d...=BevSummer.jpg

Here is me on my "imported warmblood"
    http://www.chronicleofmyhorse.com/ph...or-old-chatham
    It's psychosomatic. You need a lobotomy. I'll get a saw.

Quote Originally Posted by Beverley View Post
    Oh, glue a hairnet on it, you'll be fine.
    http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.c..._2036_51020499

Talking Wow, you guys are good!

Sheeeesh! You're right about the stick! Equibrit gets a free cap!! Yessirree!! When one runs late and forgets things like A CROP, spurs, sissy strap and most importantly her green tail ribbon AND her rein stops............thank you Elghund...ANOTHER friend I guess.... then you have to make do hacking to the meet with a fresh broke tree twig. One friend said that it was so small for a horse that big; she'd guessed all I'd done was tickler her with it!! And yes indeedy I did!!
    And so now you tell me I hadn't put the stops on!!! .... I guess that goes with breaking out the new bridle the night before and attaching the bit and forgeting I was using a running attachment etc. I always hunt in a running and have a whole collection of rubber stops.....bad, bad Wateryglen
    And so now I notice I'm apparently galloping across a lawn and yep it looks like that but in our defense (as the whole hunt did it)......there's a grass driveway there used to ride on by the landowner with their permission so close to the house. Oakwood is a fabulous several hundred acre historical estate I live next door too. (I'm the poor neighbor!) They are hunt members & avid equestrians. They keep some fields clipped like lawns too!
    That lovely stone wall was on the edge of the lawn/field. The takeoff is strewn with some loose stones and is trappy AND about 2-3 feet LOWER than the landing. I think that's why so many horses look to be overjumping it. I'm in the crowd in the backround and couldn't see all this. Better to do this jump uphill for sure!!
    Trivia fact: Oakwood was the site of the first Gold Cup Races in 1922-24. It was owned then and was the site of the founding MFH of the Old Dominion Hounds. He had a falling out with WH and started his own pack and moved outa WH country west to hunt out there. AND Wallis Simpson & former King Edward used to come there to hunt/stay on trips to hunt country. Farm was founded in mid 1700's and has a lot of history. What a privelege to hunt there.
    And just HOW is Major Mark gonna use his beer hat with that "facial" net on!!???
    yes....primitive tack is a-ok with the Snobbington. And Linquest....I never saw the Whopee Wagon!!!

That property is gorgeous. We did a joint meet with Warrenton back in the fall and crossed. It is also the fixture used for their hunter pace. The course runs so that you take that stone wall going downhill. Its fun.

Thanks for the blast from the past. I used to ride a ton at Oakwood several years ago, before the property changed hands. Many a summer spent taking the horses swimming in that great pond down the hill from the main house.

Ahem, the Snobbington Hunt Whoopee Wagon does not appear at "real" hunts, especially ones with 100+ year histories.
    Snobbington Hunt clique - Whoopee Wagon Fieldmaster
    Bostonians, join us at- http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Boston_Equestrian
    NYC Equestrians- http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/urbanequestrian/

Quote Originally Posted by wateryglen View Post
    incorrect "appointment" faux-paw.
    Quote Originally Posted by SLW View Post
    I learn you committed a faux pau
    I've actually seen the term spelled/butchered foe paw [sic], but the correct spelling is faux pas.