The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default In Search of North America's Next Dancing Dressage Stars

Freestyle designer Karen Robinson ( www.applausedressage.com ) and I ( www.equimusic.com ) are In Search of North America's Next Dancing Dressage Stars. A total of $1,500 is awaiting the winners: $1,000 for first place, $350 for second place, and $150 for third place. Finalists placing below third place will get music selected by me for their next freestyle.

Interested? If so, here's what you need to do.

1. Submit a video of a freestyle you performed between January 1, 2009 and September 1, 2009. Submissions must be postmarked no later than September 15, 2009. Only one submission per person is allowed.

2. As this is a search for up-and-coming horse/rider freestyle combinations, only First, Second, Third, or Fourth Level USDF Freestyle performances are eligible. For Canadian entries, eligible freestyles have to be at the equivalent levels of the USDF freestyle levels. With your video include a judge's signed copy of the freestyle test you performed. Only individual freestyles can be entered.

2. Include with the video your name, contact information, your horse's name, age, and breed, and the titles of the music you used in the freestyle.

3. I will select the top performances which will then be posted on YouTube by November 1, 2009. The winner will be selected by YouTube viewers. Your name, your horse's information, and the music information will be included in the YouTube description. The first place winner will be the one receiving the most "First Place" votes in the YouTube "Comments and Responses" section, on the Ultimate Dressage Bulletin Board, Barnmice.com, and on the Chronicle of the Horse Dressage Forum by midnight on November 30, 2009. The video receiving the second largest votes for "First Place" will place second, and the video receiving the third largest votes for "First Place" will place third. Each registered YouTube, UDBB, Barnmice.com, or CotH vote will only count once. I will announce the First, Second, and Third place winners and contact those individuals to mail them the checks - just in time for holiday spending!

When you are ready to send your video, contact me via PM or my web site for mailing information. Only digital videos in PC/Mac compatible formats will be accepted.

Lastly, don't think a First or Second Level freestyle can't be as good as a Third or Fourth Level freestyle. It's all about the MUSICAL PERFORMANCE! So don't hesitate to send in First or Second Level freestyles. The 2008 winner was a Second Level Freestyle!

I'll bump up this post at least once a month to ensure forum newbies get a chance to see it.

Let the Search begin!

To view last year's contestants and placings go to:

http://www.ultimatedressage.co.....ssage+star
    Last edited by Mike Matson; Jul. 7, 2009 at 08:18 AM.
    "No matter how well you perform there's always somebody of intelligent opinion who thinks it's lousy." - Laurence Olivier

Good, I enjoyed watching the entries and hope there will be a larger selection to choose from in 2009!

Wow that's a generous prize! I hope I can get something going this year!

Yay, maybe my fabulous ride won't break the video camera again . . .

Monthly bump up.
    "No matter how well you perform there's always somebody of intelligent opinion who thinks it's lousy." - Laurence Olivier

Default Hey Mike..Quick Question....

Lets say I submit a video entry in April but my horse doing the exact same freestyle in July does it better and gets a better score Can I SWITCH the videos basically pulling my original April entry for my better July entry ?

Well you don't have to submit the video until the deadline date, so you've plenty of time during the show season to determine which video you want to submit. I would imagine most people will wait until near the deadline date to submit their video so they can pick the best one. Remember, the test scores are not a criteria to make the finals - they are used to ensure the freestyle was performed at a recognized show.

Monthly bump up.

Monthly bump up.

Monthly bump up.

Monthly bump up.

Monthly bump up.

Monthly bump up. Getting near the deadline for entries!

I was REALLY hoping the new girl and I could take a shot at this this year, but we are not gelling quite as quickly as I had hoped. Entirely my fault...I'm having a tough time going from "Ford Fiesta" to "Ferrarri", but I wholeheartedly appreciate the opportunity to do so and will keep at it! We'll set our sights on next year....

C'mon all you folks that love to ride to music -- get your entries in!!

Last call! Deadline is September 15.

Come on People!! Get your entries in!!My horse won this contest last year, and it was a ton of fun!! Mike called me as I was driving to the barn one day, to give me the good news. He is a really nice guy. Go to www.teodoroshechizo.com to see our entry. Scroll down the home page to find it.

Where can we see videos of the entries?

If I get any entries, they will be posted on YouTube and barnmice.com. Links will be provided on the CotH and the UDBB.

To view last year's contestants, go to:

http://www.youtube.com/user/equimusic