The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default [On Hold] 16 Y/O 16.2H Gray Iberian Gelding - Dressage Schoolmaster

Located: Williamston, NC

It is with great sadness that life is forcing me to place my beloved Iberian (double registered with Iberian Warmblood & Andalusian Society) dressage gelding. He is trained through the upper levels -- knows everything -- but does not have the strength to collect and offer the upper level movements at this time. He has been out of work since last March when he fell in the trailer. Injuries were mostly soft tissue with some stress on his hips, pelvis, and stifle. He has regained soundness and just starting back under saddle. Extremely wide horse. You will not find a saddle to fit off the rack. Very, very sensitive to seat and hand. Can get very tense/nervous. Much be ridden on the outside rein. No real maintenance issues besides front shoes, joint support, and the other occasionally things such as chiro/massage. He has no show experience and I do not want him to go to a show home. He needs lots of turn out with a couple of very quiet friends. Very low on pecking order and he worries about other horses. He does not load easily at this time nor does he travel well. Cannot trailer by himself. He needs a home where he will be stationary. He is not for a beginner but is generous enough to forgive mistakes. No spurs. No whip. Forward, big moving, sensitive. Extremely easy keeper with tendency to get very heavy and cresty. Loves to hack around the farm.

I forgot to mention that he has a couple of melanomas. One is in his sheath and then there are a couple around his anus. They have not changed size, shape, color, or consistency in the 3 years I've owned him.

Email: canterberrymeadows@yahoo.com

Pictures available

Update: Somehow this fellow managed to get tangled in the fenceline and cut up the front of his cannon bone and a couple cuts on the hock. All look superficial but want to give him time to heal.
    Last edited by NCSue; Oct. 28, 2008 at 01:20 PM.