The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up Calling all Northeasterners: Suffolk Downs Showcase this Sunday, 10/26!

Anyone within driving distance of Boston looking for a lovely OTTB? Or maybe a couple of lovely OTTBs?

For the third consecutive year, CANTER New England is very pleased to be hosting the Suffolk Downs Showcase at the track on Sunday, October 26, from 9 AM-12 PM.

The Showcase is not an auction. It's a chance for buyers to come see multiple horses for sale at Suffolk in the same place, at the same time. The racing meet wraps up in just a couple of short weeks, and trainers are gearing up to leave NOW - there are lots and lots of horses needing new homes, and the prices are right!

Click here to learn more about the Showcase, and see the current list of horses being sold by their trainers at Suffolk here.

Hope to see you on Sunday!

Bumping this up!!

Lots of nice horses will be available!! The track closes soon and the TB's be looking for their forever home... .
    "When a horse greets you with a nicker & regards you with a large & liquid eye, the question of where you want to be & what you want to do has been answered." CANTER New England

Lots of lovely horses there! Here's to good luck, and good weather!
    Originally Posted by Alagirl
    We just love to shame poor people...when in reality, we are all just peasants.

Thanks Louise!! I hope things are going well for you guys over at Finger Lakes!!

We're hoping for a big turnout as we are planning to have a LOT of horses there to show to people - all looking for their forever home !!
    "When a horse greets you with a nicker & regards you with a large & liquid eye, the question of where you want to be & what you want to do has been answered." CANTER New England

I will not go, because I DO NOT need another horse. HOWEVER, I want to promote the ottbs! If anyone is wavering about whether to get one--DO IT!

Quote Originally Posted by 2boys View Post
    I will not go, because I DO NOT need another horse. HOWEVER, I want to promote the ottbs! If anyone is wavering about whether to get one--DO IT!
    Ah sure you want to come . You can just "window shop" - bring some friends and bring a trailer . Hey you never know what you (or your friends) may find!!

Thank you for promoting OTTB's - we and they appreciate it!!

Bump... most trainers are planning to ship out soon so if you see a horse you like, swing on by!!

I just adopted my boy a year ago from another tb rescue org. He is PLENTY (with a broken qh and chubby pony to spare) right now! I can't get over how wonderful he is though. I felt compelled to endorse this wonderful breed for anyone who is thinking about snatching up a good deal. Suffolk is in my neck of the woods, but I will be taking my handsome boy to a clinic.

Bump !!

Bumping. wish I could add another to my string but I already have 3 and my retired horse. I wish I could get another, there are way too many that are tempting.
    ~Jet Lag~
    ~Willie Cruise~
    ~Hot Tea~
    ~Calypso Bob~

Bump .

Talking

Bumping - the Showcase is just a day away! The weather forecast has brightened considerably, and we have LOTS of horses lined up to participate. If you're in the New England area and interested in finding an OTTB to call your own, please do stop by.

More information can be found at:

http://www.canterusa.org/newengland/showcase.htm

Please note that not all of the horses on our trainer listings page will be taking part in the Showcase. **If you see a horse on the site that really grabs your eye, be sure to call the trainer ASAP; lots of trainers are already starting to ship out for other tracks.**

Hope to see you all Sunday.

Bump .

Default Suffolk horses are the best!

This thread is so bumpy.

Anywho...I thought it pertinent to post the link for driving directions:

directions to Suffolk Downs

Smile Last Minute Update

Hi all -

Just got home from last minute prep for tomorrow, we're VERY excited! We took close to 20 BRAND NEW listings today and there are going to be 60+ horses presented tomorrow!

Anyone who is even a little curious about OTTBs should come and check it out - even if you're not in the market... it will be a great opportunity to see what the whole OTTB thing is all about and the quality of horses available!

Weather reports are still holding, so it's going to be a great day!! If you can't make it, do a little anti-rain dance for us and send all your friends

Bump .

Ahh I wish I could go! There are a bunch on the site I like...just no room! To whoever is going, have fun tomorrow!

Off to the track now - hope a bunch of you can make it!!

deep in the CT wilds near...the 200yr flood zone

Any updates?
    This it be all wot we want in life, wenn peoples dey loff us. ~ Willem