The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Default "gentle Giant" TB gelding to good home.

I have a TB gelding that was given to me as sort of a rescue, he took lots of time to get weight on him and still needs a little more. but we can not afford the cost of board any more. he is only 7 or 8 years old. he loves people and dogs and if you tickle his lips he will stick out his tongue. lol. he is so gentle and sweet but not a lot of official "training" i had him in training and started over fences and he was even being used for a lesson horse and he love it!. but I have never shown him. I trust him enough to let my little brother (6) ride him. the down side though is that he has mild navicular. it is fixed with corrective shoeing and thats all. no supplements or bute. Tobias would make a great part time lesson horse or friendly companion. Please e-mail me for pictures, i have lots! I hate to part with him, he is my best friend but he needs a home that can afford to give him what he needs. He is in southern CA. I am also interested in leasing him out. Please e-mail me for any questions! my e-mail is Spiritedsaudi@aim.com

Thank you and God Bless!
    -Elizabeth <><

Unhappy 8yo TB gelding needs new home.

Tobias is a sweet gentle TB with great ground manners, he loves kids and would make a great part time lesson horse, he is tall so not the best for little kids (16-3hh) but he used to be a lesson horse and he did great, the down side is he has mild navicular, he is sound with corrective shoeing (bar shoes and/or pads) if he gets a really hard workout maybe a gram of bute but I can usually ride him a long time and he wont get sore. he has no medications just lots of love. he is able to do beginners fences (2'6" max) and loves it!

I would keep him but I no longer have the time to keep him going consistently and inconsistency will make him a little sore. 2-3 days a week or more and I cant do that any more and i can not afford the board is the biggest thing. if anyone is interested in a full free lease I may be able to do that. I have tried selling him but my dad needs him to go soon, I really hate to let him go but I no there is someone who can give him what he needs.

to a good home only, I must meet you in person, he is located in Temecula CA. Please e-mail me with ANY questions at Iamconvinced@yahoo.com

Thank you, God Bless!
    -Elizabeth <><

Default My Horse needs a rider ;) 8yo TB gelding

I have had Tobias for three years and because of the cost of board here in So.Cal. I cannot afford to keep him any more. he is very sweet loving guy. He needs at least 3 days of consistent work because he has mild navicular. he doesnt need hard work, just consistent. riding him hard two days then off for five will make him a little ouchy, but every other day or even every day is great. I have jumped him 2'6" his max. He loves and gets a little excited but listens well. He just needs someone who knows what they are doing. I have had to pull him out of training so I am on my own with him. he wants a job. I dont know what to do to train him further. He wants a home that can take care of him and give him what he deserves, and I can do that anymore, I am heart broken but I want to do what is best for him. He is located in Temecula CA. I am open to full leasing also with at least a 6-12 mo. lease.

Please feel free to e-mail me with any questions. Iamconvinced@yahoo.com

Thank You and God Bless!
    -Elizabeth <><