The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default SOUND, NEVER RACED 5 YR OLD TB EVENT HORSE LOOKING FOR HOME BY NOV 1

UPDATE: THIS BOY HAS FOUND A GREAT NEW HOME IN PA WITH A JUNIOR RIDER!! GOOD LUCK AND THUANK YOU. Papered, never raced 5 year old bay 16 hand TB gelding. I broke him at 3 and he was ridden by a 13 yr old girl for the summer and shown at Devon Classic in the 2' hunters. He was then ridden by a timid adult who started him in eventing. With a first time event rider he placed 5th in Intro at his first event, 4th BN at Fair Hill and was champion at his first Dressage show, all as a 4 year old. He has never taken a lame step, is UTD on shots, had his feet done last week and lives out barefoot.
    Last edited by epj711; Oct. 16, 2008 at 11:52 AM. Reason: FOUND A HOME

Location???

Hello,
    Can I ask where the horse is located? I'm currently looking for a horse. Your boy sounds exactly like what I'm looking for. I would like to find a nice young and sound TB for eventing. I've ridden through the Intermediate level, but am no longer aiming that high. I just want a horse to have fun with and maybe bring along up to Preliminary.

My husband and I have a farm and keep our horses at home. Not to toot my own horn, but I believe we take excellent care of our boys and give them lots of love. We have nice 12x12 stalls and a nice pasture with a big run in. Nothing fancy, but very safe.

The reason I'm looking for a prospect is because I made the decision to retire my Prelim horse. He's only 14, but his body is just not very sound. So he's just going to hang out on the farm. Our other guy is only 5 but has a knee the size of Texas. Bought him sight unseen from CANTER. They said he had some chips removed from his knee. After buying him and reading through the paperwork the came with him, he had a slab fracture that was surgically repaired. But, he's a wonderful mount on the trail so he's got a home here.

I'm in Northern Indiana. I have a truck and trailer.
    I have no problem providing you with my Vet and Farriers numbers for a reference.
    Thanks for your time.
    Darcy

Quote Originally Posted by Go Time View Post
    Hello,
    Can I ask where the horse is located? I'm currently looking for a horse. Your boy sounds exactly like what I'm looking for. I would like to find a nice young and sound TB for eventing. I've ridden through the Intermediate level, but am no longer aiming that high. I just want a horse to have fun with and maybe bring along up to Preliminary.

My husband and I have a farm and keep our horses at home. Not to toot my own horn, but I believe we take excellent care of our boys and give them lots of love. We have nice 12x12 stalls and a nice pasture with a big run in. Nothing fancy, but very safe.

The reason I'm looking for a prospect is because I made the decision to retire my Prelim horse. He's only 14, but his body is just not very sound. So he's just going to hang out on the farm. Our other guy is only 5 but has a knee the size of Texas. Bought him sight unseen from CANTER. They said he had some chips removed from his knee. After buying him and reading through the paperwork the came with him, he had a slab fracture that was surgically repaired. But, he's a wonderful mount on the trail so he's got a home here.

I'm in Northern Indiana. I have a truck and trailer.
    I have no problem providing you with my Vet and Farriers numbers for a reference.
    Thanks for your time.
    Darcy
    Sounds like a good person who does not dump her horses when they cannot perform anymore.

Wish there were more like her.

Email sent.

Is this horse at the same location as the 20 year old? My friend is interested in the 20 year old, and I may be interested in this young guy. If possible I'd like to arrange to look at both this weekend. Sounds wonderful

Default Would also offer excellent home in upstate South Carolina

I would echo the earlier poster, GoTime. If it doesn't work out for her or her location is too far, I am an event rider with a large pasture and barn and keep my horses at home. I am looking for something to bring along. My horses live year-round 24/7 on lovely large grass pasture and receive excellent care in a temperate climate near Tryon, NC.

I can also provide trainer and vet references. I am an adult amateur rider and have ridden through Preliminary. I'd be willing to pick him up by your deadline if he is a good fit.

PM sent.

I'm very interested in this horse.

Please contact me if he is still available.

Thanks!

Default Hoping to give this gelding a home

I have sent you an email and a pm.
    Trailer is hoooked up and ready to go. You are quite close to me!