The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Jenasonke Guest

Default Rescued Horse Needs Supplies

Last weekend I rescued a gorgeous, 17hh, 15yo Argentinian TB with a warmblood build. He's recovered from what appeared to be an abscess in his hoof and is a very happy, healthy guy with energy and talent!
    I would l-o-v-e to keep him, but am a working student - if an emergency were to occur, his vet bills would be beyond my reach and I'd basically have to call animal control on myself. Or sell a kidney.
    He needs to be "bought"/leased [for free] by an experienced horse-person. For pictures and more information than you could ever care to know, please see his site:

www.jsonke.blogspot.com

Passit along! I'm getting attached! I want to keep him and love him forever and call him George, augh!
    Last edited by Moderator 1; Oct. 2, 2008 at 09:36 AM. Reason: clarification that horse is available for FREE

Default Friendly bump...

Thank God my stalls are full! I am a sucker and I probably would have taken him too

Here's a bump for Zeus! Someone take him home before I kick my boarders out and do it, lol.
    "Farriers are the hairdressers of the horse world. They know everything about everybody..."-Lildunhorse

I could easily become addicted to your blog He's loverly, and you know you don't want to give him up

Where is he?
    Lori T
    www.calypsofarmeventers.blogspot.com
    www.facebook.com/LTEquine for product updates on the lines I rep

Jenasonke Guest

Default Thank you, all!!

His website's been getting tons of hits, but so far no one seems prepared to take him...and I'm equally thrilled and terrified!!! I LOVE HIM AUGH he's basically perfect. It's ridiculous.
    He's located just outside Richmond, VA - please spread the word!! I'd love any advice, feedback etc etc etc etc!

Quote Originally Posted by Jenasonke View Post
    His website's been getting tons of hits, but so far no one seems prepared to take him...and I'm equally thrilled and terrified!!! I LOVE HIM AUGH he's basically perfect. It's ridiculous.
    He's located just outside Richmond, VA - please spread the word!! I'd love any advice, feedback etc etc etc etc!
    I'm here in Charlottesville and I might know a loving family that would be willing to take him in. They only have young horses so the middle daughter doesn't have a horse to show on and would LOVE to have one of her own. I'll ask her tonight and let you know...that way he'd only be about an hr away!
    Forrest Gump, 15, OTTB
    Little Bit Indian, 27, TB

Owner of Spur of the Moment, Custom made spur straps! Find us on Facebook

Jenasonke Guest

Default Zoofers

Thanks! I'm looking for a forever home for him, btw - people who can handle him now while he's still spunky and ready to work as well as people who would love to continue to spoil him well beyond reason after he can no longer be ridden (orrrr you can just give him back to me, which would also work!)

Please stay tuned to his website as I'll be adding video and conformation shots and more info tonight/daily like the Zeus obsessive compulsive that I am!

Jenasonke Guest

Default Geography

It's probably also important to say that I don't care where he is geographically (although the further maybe the better b/c I may require having a restraining order filed against me lol) as much as I care about the situation he's put into. Lot's of specs online, but suffice to say that he isn't low needs, nor is he a beginners horse! He's very well bred, well trained, high energy and quite the big boy (17hh).
    His current barn is run by novice volunteers & many of them are intimidated by Zeus. They don't need to be, he's sweet, but he is...a thoroughbred!

Oh my, he is GORGEOUS! I hope you find him a perfect home!

Jenasonke Guest

Default Zeus' Future :)

I'm leaning towards keeping him, assistance in the form of quality free farrier services, working off his board and emergency financial back-up assistance has come, making him a very affordable boy. And as his chronic lameness due to arthritis in the hip doesn't recommend him for work, he gets to be a gorgeous pasture ornament.

Thank you, everyone, for your support and kindness!

This whole adventure has inspired me to do a lot of field research about horse rescue and I'm moved Zeus' blog to this address:

www.tbrescue.blogspot.com

I plan on blogging there often about useful things I've learned and heard including resources, community needs and the like as well as of Zeus' exploits! There are SO MANY links here on this forum for horses in need of homes - it's staggering! Zeus already has a good one.

There are lots of empty stalls out there, let's fill 'em!

Smile

Good for you!! ...and HIM!!! I am really enjoying your blog, too, so I am glad it will continue! YAY!

Jenasonke Guest

Default Rescued Horse Needs Supplies

Hi,

In under 2 weeks, I've made two very emotional, financially insluble decisions:
    1. to rescue a gorgeous tb that I can barely afford and try to find him a home
    2. to screw trying to find him a home and keep him forever because I love him and need to seek therapy

He needs supplies! Do you have anything sitting around that you no longer need? I'm most interested in getting him a turn-out blanket b/c it's already getting cold.

here's my craigslist cry for help:
    http://richmond.craigslist.org/wan/868306525.html

And here's his website:
    www.tbrescue.blogspot.com

I defy you not to immediately love him!

Thanks for any help/advice you can give!

Jen

What size blanket? I looked at the cl listing and don't see a size there, either. I bet the ones I have are too small, but we'll see!

What size blankets?
    The essential joy of being with horses is that it brings us in contact with the rare elements of grace, beauty, spirit, and fire. ~Sharon Ralls Lemon

Jenasonke Guest

Default Zeus' size

I'll get a measuring tape tonight & will post his size tomorrow - thanks so much!