The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Morven Park

ANyone know if they are posting results? Thanks

yep on their website morvenpark.org
    RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

Only dressage scores are up - no xc

How did XC go anyone??? great looking day!!
    Cindy

Make any mistakes going forward!

I was only there for the *--it seemed like there were not that many clears, but there weren't any major problems that I saw either--most people had just one stop/ runout on xc, plus time. My mom moved up from 17th to 10th, despite getting mildly lost on D and having 11 time faults She was thrilled to be clear, though! It was an absolutely perfect morning weatherwise--sunny but not too warm.

the day was absolutely beautiful. XC went well... no major incidents which is nice to be able to say I only saw one crash and it was from a pretty big drop down into the last water. Horse and rider were fine though.

I think Phillip D. and Kim S. are the top 2 if I remember correctly. I'm not sure which horse Phillip is leading with. (I know, I'm not much help, am I? haha.) Anyhow, it was a lovely day and I'm looking forward to tomorrows SJ
    Heather

they're up!

time seemed to be the name of the game in the advanced... there were huge jumps in the standings!
    Dream Again Farm

Where are you seeing xco results? I looked at the morven site and they only have fri dressage results...?

Quote Originally Posted by DustInTime04 View Post
    they're up!

time seemed to be the name of the game in the advanced... there were huge jumps in the standings!
    "A little less chit-chat a little more pitter-pat"

Smile Morven Park

Thanks to all the volunteers and especially our jump judges for a job well-done on Speed and Endurance Day. It was beautiful weather, with challenging courses and most important--a SAFE day. Our volunteers are first-rate, experienced and generously return again and again to faithfully man/woman the Morven Park CCI* 3 Day and Advanced Horse Trials. We count on the expertise of these special people so much...
    Sue Elliott and Anne Jones, XC Volunteer Coordinators, Morven Park Advanced Horse Trials

Any update on final results for the one-star? Cheering for Sassy JR.....

Thanks!
    I tolerate all kinds of animal idiosyncrasies.
    I've found that I don't tolerate people idiosyncrasies as well. - Casey09

Hubby and I volunteered at Morven this weekend. Didn't bring the results home, but do know that Lillian Heard won the CCI* and Molly Cavanaugh won the CCI*Y.
    stained glass groupie
    www.equiglas.com

All results are up on the Morven Park site
    http://www.morvenpark.org/equine/08HT_CCI_Results.htm
    stained glass groupie
    www.equiglas.com

I see that Phillip rode Kheops du Quesnay. Does anyone know why Debbie Adams isn't competing him? Thanks.
    Volunteer Coordinator, Equiventures, LLC
    and the Sunshine State, Little Everglades,
    & Live Oak Combined Driving Events
    tincupeventing@gmail.com

Thanks!
    I tolerate all kinds of animal idiosyncrasies.
    I've found that I don't tolerate people idiosyncrasies as well. - Casey09

Northfields Guest

Phillip bought Kheops du Quesnay over the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by creekx View Post
    Thanks to all the volunteers and especially our jump judges for a job well-done on Speed and Endurance Day. It was beautiful weather, with challenging courses and most important--a SAFE day. Our volunteers are first-rate, experienced and generously return again and again to faithfully man/woman the Morven Park CCI* 3 Day and Advanced Horse Trials. We count on the expertise of these special people so much...
    Sue Elliott and Anne Jones, XC Volunteer Coordinators, Morven Park Advanced Horse Trials
    Pssst---really liked the chicken salad sandwiches this time!!

Actually the horse has owners (small group of Phillips supporters) Phillip does not own it....they also paid a pretty penny for it....

Quote Originally Posted by Northfields View Post
    Phillip bought Kheops du Quesnay over the summer.
    "A little less chit-chat a little more pitter-pat"

Default Entries down

Anyone have any ideas why the entries were down for the CCI* ?? I so hope for them to stick around and not go to a short format etc!!! Everyone that does one loves it, so is it just the expense? time? what do you guys think???
    Cindy

I think entries are down for two reasons: first, the economy really is hitting everyone. Between increased prices for diesel and more uncertainty about the economic forecasts, I think people are doing less competing over all. Second, however, is the reality that many professionals are not entering (nor encouraging their students to enter) the long format one star because they believe (rightly or wrongly) that there is no "reason" to run one, because it's not "needed" for any qualification. Many of these folks either don't believe in the value of a long format, or they are concerned about wear and tear on their horses, or, frankly, they think the long format is just alot more work on Saturday than the short format. There were a few professionals entered, including Bobby Costello and Pam Wideman, but I saw many more either coaching a student or two or there for the Advanced test only, and I would guess that the bulk of the entries were amateurs.

Which is a shame. I certainly can't speak for everyone there, but I know my horse ran and jumped much much better XC having had the experience of a chase ahead of time, and finishing XC day felt much more like having really accomplished something than just doing an 8 minute XC on its own. I feel like I know so much more about my horse than I did before this weekend - it was a really special experience that I wouldn't trade for anything. I can't encourage folks to do one enough - it's an amazing thing to do, and I hope it continues to be a goal for riders.

Default bummer

maybe that is where we need to make a qualification to go upwards, I know that there is talk about the T3d becoming a requirement, the CCI* should be a requirement before a CCI** JMHO!!!
    Cindy