The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default 7 y.o. sound large pony - MI

I need to re-home my large pony mare. She is sound with no history of soundness or health problems. She is broke to ride, though hasn't had much work lately. Easy keeper. Black. Seven (or possible 8) years old.

This pony is only a giveaway because I am struggling financially and can't afford the board any longer. She would be a great project and with a little work should be a useful riding horse for many years.

She is not a begginer-safe riding horse at this time, still needs some work. She does however go walk-trot-canter pretty nicely. She's lovely to hack. She seems to really enjoy getting out.

She's a very easy keeper. She lives outside and has never worn shoes, has great feet. Though she lives outside she doesn't fuss if put in a stall. Always gets on great with other horses. Easy loader and hauler. Good ground manners, easy to handle.

14.2 hh She is pretty cute (and black!) and a fairly nice mover. Hunter style trot, good stride length, smooth to ride. A little unbalanced at canter undersaddle at this time. I can e-mail a couple of pics.

This pony really does have good potential, but I have neither time nor money for her. She has potential as a hunter pony, a 4-H horse, or a trail horse. No beginner riders or first time horse owners. I will check references. Forever home not necessary, if you can improve her training and sell her as a nice riding horse that is fine with me. I'm hoping for a MI or OH home but would consider a farther one for somebody with excellent references.

Could you PM me some pics? Might have someone I know interested...
    Standardbred Lover- owner of Studs Hooligan, aka Strider, ex- pacer, retrained for eventing and endurance
    Strider-OTSTB-, Gus-OTTB-, and Rio-rescued QH!
    Founder of the High Maintenance Horses Clique

Is this mare still available? I would love to hear a little more about her.

Has she been trail ridden at all? Is she very spooky? I don't mind a greenie but am not looking for something that is continually high as a kite. Does she load/haul?

Quote Originally Posted by Pretttywaste View Post

Has she been trail ridden at all? Is she very spooky? I don't mind a greenie but am not looking for something that is continually high as a kite. Does she load/haul?
    These questions were all answered in the original post. Try again.
    Join a new horse sim where you can train, show and breed dressage horses, jumpers and eventers! Fun and free with mature players.
    Join Horse Eden Eventing Today !

Quote Originally Posted by andy825 View Post
    These questions were all answered in the original post. Try again.
    Try again? Honestly there is no need to be rude.

The OP does say that she loads, so I do apologize for that one. However it does not say whether or not she is spooky or if she has ever actually been taken on a trail ride. The fact that she is not beginner safe does not tell me if she is spooky or hot. So no, the remainder of my questions were not answered.

I am interested as well and have sent you a PM.
    If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them. --Isaac Asimov

DreamRiver Guest

Is your pony still available? I would love some pictures of her.