The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

DutchRoman Guest

Default Shelter Beagle Puppy in NC! - FOUND HOME!

I am vet student at NCSU and during our second year we have a surgery class in which we spay/neuter animals from local shelters. If we do not take the initiative to find a good adoptive home or rescue to take our dogs, they are sent back to the shelter, where they are typically euthanized (we take from a very high kill shelter). My surgery dog this week is a friendly Beagle puppy who is simply adorable!

The dog is about 5-7 months old and he has a superb personality!! I will be neutering him today and he will get all of his vaccinations after the surgery (he has also been de-wormed). He is heartworm negative and aside from the typically kennel sniffles, he is healthy. He walks nicely on the leash and interacts well with both people and other dogs. I have also tested him with a kitty and he acted sweetly towards her - no desire to bite or chase. He is too great of a dog to go back to the shelter and I would appreciate any help that you could give me!

The dogs go back to the shelter on Saturday morning. I can send you pictures by this evening if you would like - I would take him with me, but as a vet student I am gone from my apartment for 12+ every day and it would not be fair to him.

This friendly Beagle is located in Raleigh, NC and I could keep him for the weekend if someone wants to adopt/foster him and we need to organize transport. Feel free to e-mail me at cmiller@ncsu.edu
    Last edited by DutchRoman; Oct. 3, 2008 at 10:26 PM.

Hi -

Am sending you an email - your little friend is welcome at my farm in SC and we will be heading to the Raleigh area on Sunday to pick up a couple of horses anyway.
    Perfection is not attainable, but when we chase perfection, we can catch excellence - Vince Lombardi

www.thehomestedt.com

Just found out, that the Beagle pup has already found a home, and that there is a 5 month old Lab pup also available - same email address as above, if anyone is interested -
    Perfection is not attainable, but when we chase perfection, we can catch excellence - Vince Lombardi

www.thehomestedt.com