The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Thoroughbred Filly & Pinto Miniature (weanlings)

One of the very best adoptive homes we've ever found was from a fellow COTH member who has since become like family to us. I am hoping that COTHers can help us again with finding two very special homes for two very special babies.

Two of our rescued mares gave birth on May 22nd & May 25th (3 days apart from one another!) to two absolutely beautiful babies. ErinGoBragh is a 4 month old bay TB filly who is just stunning with all the potential in the world and Tristan is the cutest little Mini colt ever. Although every one of us here would LOVE to keep these cuties with us forever , but the fact is that they are both young, healthy & beautiful and have every chance in the world at finding wonderful homes which would open up very needed space to help a few horses that aren't so lucky.

With winter around the corner, the pleas for help have been coming fast and furious. To enable us to continue helping needy horses, we are trying to find qualified homes for the babies and will waive thier adoption fee's to qualified COTHer homes. A donation is always appreciated, but it is not required - a fantastic home is what is required.

What we are looking for in a home is someone:

1. Who will provide a wonderful, loving home.
    2. Has experience with youngsters/weanlings - (we prefer someone with TB experience for Erin).
    3. Fill out our adoption application that can be found on our website at www.celticreinrescue.org with references, etc...
    4. Sign our adoption contract which we will happily email to you to review first.
    5. Agree to wait until they're weaned in November.

These two babies mean so much to us - both were born here on our farm to two VERY special rescued mares and neither Erin, nor Tristan, have suffered a moment in their young lives, so have no issues to contend with except for being a bit spoiled. They have both beed doted on since the moment they were born.

Pictures, Erin's pedigree & at length descriptions of the babies can be viewed on our website at www.celticreinrescue.org on our 'Welcome' page and 'Adoption' page - please feel free to pm or email with any specific questions you may have as well.

As always, thanks to all of you for helping us help horses in need.

Steph

Default Tristan found a Home!!

Thanks again to the this board & the great people on it, little Tristan is adopted and going to an awesome new forever home with the friend of a COTHer, who is also an equine veterinarian, where he'll be loved forever! He's going to be an adorable little Mini's new best friend and we're so happy for him!

Thanks again everyone!! As soon as we get plans solidified and Tristan to his new mom & sister, we'll post update pic's of him in his new home!

We have two wonderful prospective homes lined up for Erin, either with Fleurdeduc or with my trainer.

If for some reason either doesn't work out, I've decided that I will adopt Erin myself. After working with her again yesterday and seeing how amazingly smart this girl is, I think she may just be the horse to get me back into the show ring after a looong hiatus because of doing rescue work.

Nothing is set in stone yet, but out of the 3 options, she definitely has a home.

Thanks everyone! Tristan will be leaving for his new home the 2nd weekend in November and we're really excited for him and his new family!!