The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Default 5 yo Warmblood mare-- looking for extended free lease

I am looking for the right situation for a long-term free lease for my 5 year old Warmblood mare. Great home a must!

Roxy is a 16.2 solidly built mare-- 1/2 Hanoverian, 1/4 TB, 1/4 Shire. Looks Hanoverian with Shire coloring. Large boned and bodied, beautiful/balanced conformation and expression. Absolutely limitless possibilities in the right hands. True Dressage free-movement (suspension and extension... quite a big, suspended trot and naturally balanced canter), and bloodlines/built to jump. Had approximately 90 days training at a dressage barn this past Spring, and an additional month under-saddle for mileage. Came home in June ready for me to work with her, and I haven't found the time and do not have resources to make it happen for her right now.

Heartbroken to lose my "baby", it's time to find the right home for her. No injuries or health issues. Always perfectly sound. Very easy keeper. Quite hard, healthy hooves... has been kept happily barefoot. She stands nicely for the farrier, but does sometimes lean on him while trimming hinds. To list her faults: She is resistant for the vet and does test my vinyl/wood rail fences (leans on them), but easily respects hot tape and herds. She is afraid of tarps. Doesn't spook, but will plant feet stubbornly and gets pushy when refusing. Patience works with her, and she always comes around, learns, and remembers. She is stubborn, but ultimately, she wants to please. The good stuff: I have not ridden her (hence this move to place her) My Trainer says that she softens on her bit easily, listens to seat, controls her big trot easily with a half-halt, and has done well with W/T/C. At home, I can say that she stalls (and keeps a very neat stall) or 24 hours turnout. Daily maintenance is easy-- blankets, spray, can sometimes be touchy about her ears but you can touch, manipulate her any other way. Comes easily when called or approached. Drops head into halter. Moves off pressure, leads with respect. Lunges well on only verbal commands or with aids.

She is a truly beautiful mare, totally in love with people, and will completely steal your heart. Would make a great Eventer/Dressage prospect. Never had a physically off day in her life.

A Truly unlimited prospect in hands with more time and training then my own. Recommended experienced rider or resources to work closely with an experienced trainer due to her limited training and experience. Would prefer she stay in Maine, NH, or MA... but would consider other placements for the perfect situation.

Picture doesn't show it, but she has a beautiful long neck and strong, smooth topline.

http://media5.dropshots.com/photos/1...907/115115.jpg
    -Shannon
    Mother/Servant to Roxy, my now three-year-old diva!

wow beautiful girl wish I was closer to you
    Proud Mama of a BOY rider

Wow, she is REALLY beautiful! And looks extremely sweet. I'm too far away, however.

Good luck finding the right person for her!
    Triple J Ranch Sporthorses
    www.triplejsporthorse.com
    Member - OMGiH I LOFF my mare(s) clique

I sent you a PM. Thanks!

She's beautiful and I'll probably be looking for a lease eventually and I live in NH! But I don't think I'm quite ready yet, plus I'm only 5'2" and she might be a bit large for me (not that I haven't ridden big horses before, but still, it's a leg thing). GAH! I wish I was ready to think about a lease!
    -Debbie / NH

My Blog: http://deborahsulli.blogspot.com/

I sent you a private message, I think. I'm in NY, could be interested.

I sent you a PM. We're a Pony Club family in New Hampshire. She is beautiful!
    blogging at HN: http://www.horsenation.com/
    check out my writing: http://jeseymour.com

is she still available? Has anybody received an answer to their inquiries?

Default sent you a PM

I have sent you a PM a while ago and i amseriously interested in getting your horse and would like to come and see her

We never got an answer.
    blogging at HN: http://www.horsenation.com/
    check out my writing: http://jeseymour.com

yeah, I PM'd her too and have gotten no replies. Even if she's no longer available it would be really nice to know.

I'll email the OP and let her know she has several replies.

Thank you everyone for the responses! My harddrive died and left me relatively offline for a time. Roxy was placed last week. If that changes for any unforeseen reason, I will definitely let everyone know! I appreciate everyones words of adoration and offer of support more than you know!

-Shannon
    Last edited by AuntieSha; Oct. 13, 2008 at 11:28 AM. Reason: forgot a word!
    -Shannon
    Mother/Servant to Roxy, my now three-year-old diva!