The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default 16.2 gelding Free to great home

I am desperately trying to place my horse with a loving family, I have 2 others and just can not afford the third he is my old eq horse who means the world to me but I just dont have the time he deserves
    He has an old injury from a couple of years ago which is why I would rather he not be jumped but he is perfect for flat work lower level dressage and trail riding
    he has a great personality
    here are some photos

http://www.flickr.com/photos/megan68/2167402922/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/megan68/2166606771/

Default info

It might help if you include more information; location, size (weight limitations), abilities (does trail), loads, clips, good for farrier, needs intermediate, good for beginner etc. , needs injections etc, easy keeper/needs supplements, can be turned out with others, etc etc. He looks absolutely beautiful. It'd be nice if you can show off all the good things he has done for you and what he could do for others.

I'm interesting in hearing more as Chall mentioned + breed + what kind of old injury does he have? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Chall View Post
    It might help if you include more information; location, size (weight limitations), abilities (does trail), loads, clips, good for farrier, needs intermediate, good for beginner etc. , needs injections etc, easy keeper/needs supplements, can be turned out with others, etc etc. He looks absolutely beautiful. It'd be nice if you can show off all the good things he has done for you and what he could do for others.
    Hes located on Long Island
    He is 16.2 H 17 years old
    I have taken him on trails but not in years
    Loads clips does everything maybe a twitch for the ears
    Easy Keeper LOVES to eat Lives to eat lol
    I had him on Bute and cosequin when he came back to work up untill a couple of months ago, He hasn't been ridden since November ...But i did get on him yesterday just walked around the ring he was fine
    If he was to get back into consistent work I think he should be on the bute and some sort of joint supp He has always been on the cosequin which has worked great for him

When in work a beginner could ride him,
    He also would be just fine with being turned out but I think hes happiest doing something

He has shoes up front I havnt injected him since he was showing and he hasn't shown since 05'
    He would get his coffin joints and hocks done
    any other questions feel free to pm me thanks!
    Oh he can be turned out with others but he does love to PLAY! and he can tend to be the one who gets picked on if there is a bully

oh hes TB and had a town suspensory in his pastern joint that did not heal correctly and turned to ring bone
    Hes been fine on it and that injury happened in early 06'

bump?