The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Will peach work for the ladies show shirt, I have a brand new long sleeve one with collar?

I believe so titan. I guess there aren't any hard and fast rules on color, they just need to have the jacket, shirt, breeches, boots and helmet. And with western it is shirt, pants and boot with heel.

THANKS!
    I Loff My Quarter Horse & I love Fenway Bartholomule cliques

Just somebody with a positive outlook on life...go ahead...hate me for that.

OK - packing the peach shirt & 2 collars. What about white show gloves? Or a pair of M ladies pull on show whites?

we would love them!

Many, many thanks!

OK- will mail USPS Priority tomorrow. Also found 2 leather shanks and some grooming supplies. Best of luck to the riders!

Thank you so much!

We are still in need of western wear for girls and ladies and for English, a pair of size 30 breeches and a pair of size 10 (15-1/2 calf) boots for our team. If anyone has anything they can spare we would be so grateful!

Thanks!

I haven't forgotten the helmet! Just looking for the right box (we often get shipments in boxes with an interior styrofoam box, which I think is the best way to ship it).

I will see what I have re breeches. Do they need to be stretchy? I am not home now, but maybe I have something I can include in the box. Can't help with the Western stuff.
    www.specialhorses.org
    a 501(c)3 organization helping 501(c)3 equine rescues

If you still are looking to get in contact with Georgina you can PM me =)
    !

OOOO!!! Thank you Texan!

Could everyone who is sending things shoot me a pm and let me know your name so I can send you all thank you's from the kids? I know some of you already from PM and email. But we would love to be able to thank you personally!

Mine will go out tonight - just found the box I was looking for. No breeches off hand, but I'll keep my eyes peeled.
    www.specialhorses.org

thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

I know you received it...I tracked it. Hope the styrofoam box kept the helmet safe!

(I am now freakishly tracking everything since I sent out a prized reagent to a colleague in Los Angeles...unfortunately, the package was wiped out by Ike at our end, so now I worry with everything I send out.)
    www.specialhorses.org

We got it DG! Thank you! It's gorgeous!

I have been knocked out for over a week now with a nasty cold and haven't been around to answer.

Titan, thank you for all you sent as well...we appreciate it! The hair bows we completely forgot about and it was great to see them! whew!

I am having a hard time matching up screen name to real name so if I leave anyone out it isn't intentional and I apologize! If you all could be so kind as to pm me or email me with your screen names, what you sent and your first name...that way I can be sure to get your thanks you's out to you!

We could not have done this without your help, and we are so very grateful!

I hope you found all the items that you needed. I did receive a donor form from Stable Movements but I was under the impression STAT was the 501 that would issue receipts for tax purposes.

I might still have a navy huntcoat in my closet. Or maybe its black, I can't remember. Anyways, I think its a childs size 14 or 16, and one of the buttons is missing. Picked it up at a garage sale and my horse was sold before I ever wore it. I have a pair of paddock boots that are size 8 or 9 and gently used, possibly some breeches and a showshirt too. Problem? I have NO idea where any of it has migrated to. If you can still use it, I will try and hunt for it.

Default How Did The Kids Do ?

Read on Stablemovements website that the games were to have been this past weekend. . . . so how did the kids do?
    "I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you..."

Ok...here's the news...ready!?!??!

Our kids took 1st in English Equitation, and 3rd in English Trail and 3rd in Western Equitation and 5th in Western Trail.

There were over 90 entrants, and let's just say...we couldn't be prouder of our kids. They worked so hard!

My daughter bowed out the last minute though She has Asperger's and the stress was really making her not well. She had a panic attack while riding during the dress rehearsal so we had a heart to heart and the flood gates opened. But it's all for the good, she back to loving riding and being with the horses in the way that she enjoys them the most. Maybe by spring she'll have her "show legs", but if not...that's ok too

I'm working on the dress rehearsal photos, and Rosey, who trained the kids has some for me too. I'll post them on Stable Movements website sometime this week.

Again, we are absolutely overwhelmed at the generosity we received... especially from COTH. Everyone went so far above and beyond it left us speechless. The kids literally had everything they could need and they could not have done it without your help.