The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast

Default Missing Horse ALERT

Please be on the lookout for my missing horse. His show name is Supernatural. Tatoo #Z44806

THE HORSE HAS BEEN BROUGHT HOME. Thank you so much for your help.
    Last edited by supernatural; Sep. 5, 2008 at 04:30 PM. Reason: updated information.

pictures of horse might be helpfull.

You know where they took him? Can you just go and get him or send someone to check if he's there? Good luck, sounds like a complete nightmare! Hope your horse is ok.
    Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved. - William Jennings Bryan

http://www.halcyon-hill.com

Post where he is and ask someone from COTH to go over there with the cops.
    GET HIM BACK!

Quote Originally Posted by supernatural View Post
    I know where he was dropped off yesterday. I don't know if he has since been moved to a different place. He is 5 hours away from Virginia Beach where I live. He should have never been moved from the barn where he was on trial.
    This is a silly question, but if you know where he was as of yesterday, why not call the barn and make sure he's there and then go get him? Could this all just be a miscommunication?

I believe this is the horse- correct me if I am wrong OP.

http://dreamhorse.com/show_horse.php...rse_id=1244999

Bump for what exactly? Its been MINUTES since the last post and its still at the top?

ETA- This is getting weird

Why did you send the horse out without a written & signed contract? I'm assuming that's what you did based on this comment...

P.S. Never send your horse on consignment without a legal contract signed by owner, sellor and buyer. After this, I wil NEVER let a horse go out of my barn PERIOD! Since no one has paid me any money for this horse, I just want the horse back. .
    Since you know where the horse is, why don't you go get the horse?

I am extremely concerned for his welfare knowing where he was dropped off....I would never treat a horse this way. My horse did not deserve this.

I agree, you need to just go get him.
    I personally wouldn't have posted something like this on a public bulletin board. It's not something everyone needs to know unless the horse is in danger. I'm sure he's not in danger.
    Get off the internet and go get him!

"I am extremely concerned for his welfare knowing where he was dropped off....."

As you know where the horse is, you go and get him or you have someone acting as your agent go and get him.
    "Can you imagine what I would do if I could do all I can?" Sun Tzu, The Art of War
    Rainy: http://tinyurl.com/kj7x53c
    Stash: http://tinyurl.com/mmm3p4e

Because I'm stupid......I'm not sure that today the horse IS where he was dropped off yesterday. He is in another state. You must go through the proper legal channels to get your horse back. I'm not doing anything to jeopardize my position. I've done nothing wrong.

I'm posting this to let other people know what can happen if you do something stupid and let your horse out of your sight. I'm not really sure a signed contract can get your horse back if it is taken to another place. You would still have to go through legal channels.
    But he's YOUR horse...you own him. And hoping you have papers that say this, that works for you not against you. State lines or no state lines, you have every right to hunt down YOUR horse and get it whenever you please.

What part of WV is the horse in? We're near the line, but it is a rather large state.
    Boarding for Show, Pleasure, and Retirement horses. www.LockeMeadows.com

Just call the Sheriff's office of the town your horse is in, tell them what's going on, they'll meet you at the barn and let you get your horse back. Then any other issues will go through the courts.

If there was no bill of sale and/or cashed check, horse is yours still? Right?

How can you get arrested for picking up your OWN horse?

I hope people will learn from my post what can happen to them if they send a horse out on trial. I know there are many reputable horse people. There are also people who are not reputable. I will not make a mistake like this again. Please don't make this mistake with your horse. The distress that I am feeling for the well being of the horse is unbelievable.

If I go and try to take the horse, (if I could find him), I could be arrested. I don't want any trouble; just the horse back. The people who picked up the horse should have returned him to the same place not taken him to another state!
    Are you sure you would be arrested. As stated before in this thread, you have papers and proof of ownership - right. I say get the police AND your agent to accompany you and get the horse - YOU ARE THE OWNER. I mean if my car was stolen and I knew where it was I would get the title and some back up cops and get it - a horse is ALIVE and obviously more of an urgency to recover. I can't believe if you are the rightful owner and have proof that ANYONE would be able to stop you.

I live in Chantilly, VA but I ride in Anytown, USA

So, I'm confused -- did your own trainer shuttle the horse around without your consent?

"If you have the time, spend it. If you have a hand, lend it. If you have the money, give it. If you have a heart, share it." by me

You can not be arrested for retrieving your own property. You can not be arrested for breaking in to your own home, or vandalising your own possessions. It does not matter where the horse is located, surely if the current holder of the horse is made aware of this issue (I'm coming to get my horse, I'm bringing the police with me, I have proper proof of ownership), then they will not stand in your way?
    "Can you imagine what I would do if I could do all I can?" Sun Tzu, The Art of War
    Rainy: http://tinyurl.com/kj7x53c
    Stash: http://tinyurl.com/mmm3p4e

I understand why you posted this. You are angry and frustrated.

I had the sheriff in Fauquier County VA help me get a horse back. Woman wrote a bad check to me and moved the horse to another location in VA. Sheriff is actually who found her new location. The horse was in a serious state of neglect only a few months after I sold it to her. I posted her name on this site to let people know why they should beware doing business with her and I got jumped on. It was really weird. Go figure.

Good luck.

I am currently working with the Detective Downing on getting this horse back.
    I will be contacting Federal agents on Monday as well. These people have been given till Sunday evening August 3rd to return the horse. If that doesn't happen then I will proceed will charges.
    SUNDAY!?!?! Omg...wow. I wouldn't wait that long, not sure why people of the legal world would want you to either. Fact is, the longer you wait the more time it gives people to haul this horse over ANOTHER state line and hide it and completely deny the fact that they ever even had him based on the fact that there were no written agreements. Especially since they've been given a time frame and they know that legal action is going to be put in place...
    I try so hard to get my husband to make written agreements to cover his ass but like someone stated, there ARE reputable people in the horse business but as sure as there are reputable people there are snaky non-reputable people too and you gotta just assume that people are the latter from the get-go.

Pardon me but my B.S.-alarm is ringing loudly.

Folks, there are 2 sides to every story... and the half of the story we're getting here is just so full of oddities I don't know what to make of it... starting with:

The fact that the OP seems to be using this thread as a way to threaten whoever is currently holding the horse (all the allegations of "I WILL go to the district attorney's", "I have a meeting with the DA" "Once I file I won't make a deal" etc.), more than for its professed purpose (Missing Horse Alert).

If you know where the horse is, you own him, (and presuming you don't OWE thousands for his care which is what I suspect happened here), you go pick up the darn horse.

The fact that the OP seems to know exactly who has her horse, but yet somehow isn't listing names (probably because she's be subject to a defamation suit?)

Bottom line, if you know where your horse is, he's not "missing"... and thus the whole pretext for this thread seems sketchy to me.

If I'm wrong, I apologize.