The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Orchard Grass square bales, in Orange, Virginia

2nd & 3rd cutting 40-50# bales of orchard grass hay. $6.00

1st, 2nd & 3rd cutting orchard grass/mixed grass hay, $5.75

No waste -- my horses love it. 200-300 bales left. Pick up, no delivery.

Near Gordonsville/Orange, VA
    Last edited by Spyder; Feb. 16, 2009 at 05:03 PM. Reason: edited for speeling

Default Clinton Corners, NY

I have about 100 bales of Second cutting grass hay for $5.50 a bale

Also about 100 of first cutting grass hay for $4.00 a bale

Thanks
    AilleXWest
    www.gypsystoychest.com Adult Toys and Home partys

Eddie Falcon Ridge Guest

Default Hay Delivery Service

Hello all,
    I work for a boarding ranch in Orange County NY and run a hay delivery business. We have access to a variety of hay and alfalfa at all times and deliver in NY,NJ,CT,and PA. We deliver free to many areas and if there is a charge, it will be reasonable to say the least. Trailer loads of non local hay (ohio timothy) are also readily available. Feel free to contact me anytime with your questions/comments! You can email me directly to my cell phone since I only get on the computer once or twice a day if I'm lucky! eddiefalconridge@gmail.com

A Y RAAM FARMS Guest

Exclamation We got hay in kingsbury,texas!!

First, we will have 3’ x 3’ x 8’ bales of alfalfa. This is really nice alfalfa. The bales weight 900 lbs. from the shipping scales. Each bale will cost $150.00. This would be equal to $10.00 per bale for 60 lb. bales! This price is picking it up at the ranch. It is string-baled hay. Cash only!

We have 5’ x 4’ round bales of blue stem. Again, this is very good hay. The weight is approximately 1,100 lbs. per bale. The price is $75.00 each, picking it up at the ranch. If you choose to buy five (5) bales or more, I will sell them for $70 per bale, picking it up at the ranch. I can get as many as you want in just a few days. It is string-baled. Cash only!

We have a few large round bales of costal 5’ x 6’, around 15 bales. They are around 1,400 lbs. These will be $95.00 per bale. I cannot replace them at this point and there are just a few so first come first serve on these bales. Price is picking it up at the ranch. Cash only!

Exclamation Pre orders going FAST for TEFF hay- Virginia

Our pre prder list is growing very quickly for this years cuttings. If interested in more information for being added t othe list or info please feel free to email or im. Once we are sold out for the winter we are out. We are only going to sell what we grow. All hay will be tested and if special request asked for cutting we will try to accomidate to you. Teff is a great chioce for Cushings, laminitis prone horses, broodmares, IR horses and ponies. Be glad to help answer any questions on Teff hay.
    www.homesteadsporthorses.com
    Boarding FULLY HEATED BARN
    Foaling with webcam
    Horse Trailer Rental/ trailering

Where is Kingsbury? I live in Burleson (not a native Texas, obviously, or I'd know where this is...sorry). I am shopping for hay now. I use around 200 bales per month of coastal and add alfalfa to it. I would really be interested in the blue stem and the alfalfa.

My email is dray429@gmail.com or pm me on COTH with your number please. Thank you.

Donna Ray

Default Good, economy priced orchard grass in NoVA - you pick out of field

I have a mostly orchard grass field that is going to be baled tomorrow or the next day (July 6-7). This is good quality hay (1st cutting orchard) - my neighbor who raises Hanoverians bought the perimeter cutting. I will sell it for $2/bale if you come pick it up out of the field once it is baled. Should yield about 250 bales. Call 703-505-7470 or e-mail secondfiddlefarm@gmail.com. Thanks!
    Second Fiddle Farm

We have 800 square bales of mixed grass hay.
    It was baled the end of August and is in the barn.
    $3.25 per bale call 540-674-8237 or 540-239-4251
    or e-mail dflory@wiredog.com
    Dublin, VA (southwest va)
    Last edited by Fly-by-Night; Sep. 9, 2009 at 10:03 PM. Reason: added location

Default Tifton Square bales near Brenham, TX

I have 40 (maybe 45) square bales of Tifton available for sale because my picky horses won't eat it. Cut and baled in August and currently in my barn. $5/bale (less than I paid for it) you pick it up from my barn.

Contact Julie at info@triplejsporthorse.com
    Triple J Ranch Sporthorses
    www.triplejsporthorse.com
    Member - OMGiH I LOFF my mare(s) clique

Default Looking for a nice grass/alfalfa mix in NoVA

Looking for a nice quality grass/alfalfa mix that my horse will love! Please PM me with prices and details. Thanks! Located between Middleburg and The Plains.

i would LOVE to get some timothy or timothy alfalfa mix...but live in Alabama. I'll share a load, or buy a partial load, if anyone is coming my way. I'm right off I-85 in central AL. THANKS!
    SPAY/NEUTER/RESCUE/ADOPT!
    Little Star Chihuahua Rescue
    The Barkalicious Bakery
    On Facebook!!!

Default Alfalfa coming from KY and headed for Ocala,FL

Mr. Wright is looking to bring a truckload down of about 500 bales from KY to FL for the winter and sell by the load or by the bale. Contact him for more information.

Dennis Wright
    Adairville, Kentucky
    270-539-4348
    Clean Kentucky grown Alfalfa hay
    wright_dennis_j@hotmail.com

Looking for orchard/alfalfa large squares (preferred) and round bales (not essential) delivered/unloaded to Middletown, DE 19709. Premium quality, cut, etc.

Reply to diabloshalo@yahoo.com with delivered price, cutting, percent mix, analysis (if available). thank you!

Would love to find someone who sells an Orchard/Fescue or Timothy mix hay in North GA. Basically, I'm looking for something that ISN'T Bermuda. That's about all that I can find around here.
    I'm out near Athens, but don't mind a bit of a drive for some good hay.
    Anyone have any leads? PM me.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara in TN View Post

we do NOT grow or sell teff !!
    Didn't you used to sell teff? If so, may I ask why you stopped? I just picked some hay up locally (in Ocala) and noticed they were starting to sell teff. I've never used it and I'm curious about it.

If you get a load request of O/A or T/A together for Ocala and need another person to go in on it, then PM me, I'm usually needing hay.

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Las Olas View Post
    Didn't you used to sell teff? If so, may I ask why you stopped?
    it is cost ineffective in an absurd way,as as we are not a charity we are not even going to try to supply it to anyone....

If you get a load request of O/A or T/A together for Ocala and need another person to go in on it, then PM me, I'm usually needing hay.
    I will indeed

Tamara in TN
    Production Acres,Pro A Welsh Cobs
    I am one of the last 210,000 remaining full time farmers in America.We feed the others.

How does orchard grass compare to coastal bermuda?
    Tricia Veley-First Flight Farm
    Boerne, Texas
    830-537-4150 phone/830-537-4154 fax
    www.firstflightfarm.com
    FFF Page on Facebook: Become a fan!
    FFF Channel on YouTube: See videos

Quote Originally Posted by tveley View Post
    How does orchard grass compare to coastal bermuda?
    they are in two different planes nutritionally

one is steak, the other that nasty grape nuts we had as children

Tamara in TN
    Last edited by Tamara in TN; Jul. 15, 2010 at 11:50 AM.
    Production Acres,Pro A Welsh Cobs
    I am one of the last 210,000 remaining full time farmers in America.We feed the others.

Seeking 2nd or ideally 3rd cut hay in s. NY, CT or NJ area. Must be very soft. Some alfalfa content is ok. This is for one aged horse so we don't need huge amount all at once. Horse located in Westchester County, NY... if delivery not avail, can pick up if not too far away.
    "I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain

Default Hay Production - Hay Delivery - Hay Storage

First, a large thank you to COTH for putting up this Hay Thread!

Here's a link to our website:
    http://www.floridahaynow.com/index.html

Although we primarily transport our hay to Florida, we also have clients in Maryland, Virginia and North Carolina that we supply as well.

Right now we have some very nice 1st. cutting straight orchard grass, as well as 1st. cutting Alfalfa / orchard grass mixed.

Also, we have a few hundred, dairy quality, 4th. cutting Alfalfa / orchard grass mixed bales left that we refer to as, " rocket fuel".

All of the above mentioned hay, is made with a John Deere 338 small square baler and are, 14"X18"X36" and weigh an average of 50lbs.

In addition, we also have small , 4ft.X4ft. 2nd. cutting Alfalfa / orchard grass mixed round bales. This hay is nice and is what we feed to our own horses everyday.

All of the hay mentioned above was made here in Maryland on our farm.

We have been following Courtney King Dye's progress,while jingling with both hands.
    We will, from any hay sale that comes from this posting, donate 10% of the proceeds of those sales to help with her recovery.

Again, thanks to The COTH folks for letting us post this and thanks to you members who took time to read it!!

Sincerely,
    Scott Sutter
    Epoch Farm
    " Do you like the world around you? Are you ready to behave?" Patti Smith
    http://www.epochfarm.com