The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Jimmy Wofford clinic in KY(maybe )

I'm trying to get the details worked out and need to gauge interest. We are less than an hour north of the KHP. He would only do one group of Novice, the rest above that. Early fall, no date yet set. Interest level and riding level please.

I'd be interested!

I'm currently competing at Novice with an eye towards tackling training next year, possibly.

If it matters, I'm in S.E. TN

I might be interested depending on the dates. My schedule is a bit hectic. I would have an intermediate horse that is running advanced and a CCI** in October and maybe a preliminary horse that is running a CCI* in October. I would be coming from WI, but my dad lives in Lexington.
    Keep us posted!
    Chrissy

If its not the last weekend in September(I'm in a wedding), I'd totally be interested!!
    and I know several other people who would also be interested, I think.

Spread the word to some of the local-ish Pony clubs, and i bet you'd get some more intrest....

I'd do prelim, or training(if there wasn't a prelim group). and some of the people I know, would probaly do novice or possible training.
    -Chelsie
    "Hell yes I can ride. I was riding when I fell off!"

Considering how many (yeah right!) big name clinics are in the area, I'm sure you could get quite a few folks who would be interested (I would but currently I've got a training horse with a tumor and a pre-starter prospect ). I'll ask around at my trainer's barn though!
    Proud supporter of SprotHorseRiders.com

I would drive a very, very long way to ride with Jimmy Wofford.

My only competing horse is Novice, but I've ridden up to Preliminary. My hope is the youngster will be ready for Training this fall, so I'd think a Training group under the eye of the master would be do-able.
    Click here before you buy.

I have a novice horse. I'd be in.

I'd be in, depending on the dates. Prob in a training group.

I love riding for Jimmy. Depends on cost (stabling, can I stay in my trailer, etc.) and weekend (Flying Cross HT and KY Classic are possibly on my schedule). I have an experienced Preliminary horse which I also did a year at Intermediate.

Ohio: Charter Member - COTH Hockey Clique & COTH Buffy Clique

Depending on the weekend, I have a Novice horse I might consider bringing down. Please keep us posted!
    "Of course it's hard. It's supposed to be hard. It's the Hard that makes it great."

"Get up... Get out... Get Drunk. Repeat as needed." -- Spike

Yep, I'd love to do another clinic with him! I'm in the Louisville area and pretty sure you could generate a lot of interest, as he came here a couple years ago and had a full house! Depending on exactly when, I'll either have a training or prelim horse.
    Emily

Wish my horse was ready. Wish I was ready. But I'd audit without a doubt and think that might be a big draw as well.

i would totally be there!

i loooovvvveeeee jimmy. i would take my training (eyes on prelim for the fall) horse.

please please please let me know if it will be happening.

thanks!

Default jw clinic

I'd love to have an opportunity like that. Depending on cost, count me in with whatever the highest group you can get together is.
    Jess

Default Ok guys, so far so good.

I am waiting to hear back from Jimmy with a list of possible dates. Weekdays or weekends doesn't matter to me at all, that's probably the next question, though I'll ask Jim which he prefers. I plan to keep all costs to a minimum (yes really) since the object of this clinic is simply to a) Ride With Jimmy Wofford. b) Get our farm a damn fine "grand re opening".
    c) Great Day in the Morning, we Get to Ride With JIMMY WOFFORD!!!!!

Once we get the dates set, I'll do the math and the goal is to get an absolutely top notch clinician in here (hopefully a recurring theme) and break even. I think too many times the expense keeps some that would really benefit from being able to attend, so gas and expenses being what they are, without insulting Himself, I'm going to make it as doable as possible for everyone.

There are three quite decent Holiday Inn type hotels within 5 minutes of the farm. Decent restaurants,(Cracker Barrel, Mexican, and the usual fast food) 2 places on the exit to get diesel and truck/trailer friendly gas stations. The county we live in is dry, save one Mexican restaraunt about 10 miles up the freeway. It is the only place you can get ANY alcohol at all within 25 miles. (Not that it matters to any of us).
    I'll post more as I get more information from Mr. Wofford.

<crossing my fingers!>
    We're spending our money on horses and bourbon. The rest we're just wasting.
    www.dleestudio.com

Count me in too. I'm at BN, but by fall we will be ready for Novice and shouldn't be a problem to clinic at 'novice level.' I've always wanted to clinic with Wofford....this is so exciting.

I would be interested and I have one student that would be interested it would be great to ride with jimmy again. I have a horse that may be novice or training by fall and I have a student that will be training by fall.

Where are you located North of KHP?

I might be interested and would probably be in a Novice group or Novice/Training if there is one like that.
    T3DE Pact

I'm pretty excited!
    I personally can do during the week, sort of... I have classes tuesday and thursday..
    I have to agree with you, expences are what usually keep me from going to more clinics...(and horse trials)
    -Chelsie
    "Hell yes I can ride. I was riding when I fell off!"