The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Talking Crockpot free to good home - PLACED

** Placed ** Since we seem to have a bit of a bunny following... I have a lionhead rabbit that I would love to place in a good home. Free, including large cage. Her name is "Crockpot" because if she doesn't get her act together and be nice, that's where she'll wind up. She is agressive, will lunge and bite, and I have the scars on my hand to prove it. Not worth it to me to invest in the $294 the vet wants to spay her with no guarantee that it will improve her attitude. I have her out in the barn, because my dogs would love to eat her. I would really love to have her go to a "bunny whisperer" who may be able to work through her issues. If no bunny whisperer can be found, I don't know what to do with her. My cousin bought her for me at an auction, my fault because I said "Oh! She's so cute" and she sold for a dollar. I should have taken that as my warning. Feed time is interesting, because I take the feed scoop for the horses, pin her down with it in the corner of the cage, and work in her cage with my free hand. This is the only way to protect your flesh. She's not a breeding animal, so don't ask. She would probably cannibalize her young, and rip apart any other rabbit you bring near her. Think "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" She is the Satan Spawn of Rabbits. Any takers? Located in Western NY.
    Last edited by Katie-Nicole; Apr. 29, 2008 at 05:01 PM. Reason: Placed

lmao

I see the Monty Python analogly... very very cute.... at a distance. Good Luck Thanks for the laugh.
    If i'm posting on Coth, it's either raining so I can't ride or it's night time and I can't sleep.

You might want to change your thread title to indicate it's bunny-related. (I thought it was a linseed mash makin' crockpot. )

Good luck.

LMAO!!! My daughter brought home an adorable mini-lop (of course, not returnable and she didn't ask first!) and after a month or so, that absolutely adorable bunny turned man-eater!! We wound up having to donate her to a bunny rescue AND pay for her spaying. Hope you have better luck!

skeetrider Guest

Your "Hell" rabbit is cute. LOL

too too funny. I never met a mean rabbit before and I worked on a rabbit farm with hundreds of them hahhahahaha Does she have a rabies shot LOL
    Our horses are not seen as the old and disabled they may have become, but rather as the mighty steeds they once believed themselves to be.

Sunkissed Acres Rescue and Retirement

Oh, she's cute, I'll give her that. Yesterday I opened her cage to let her run loose in the feed room, and she ventured out into the barn aisle. I thought, "No big deal" and went about my business. Well that little f-er chased me down the aisle and lunged at me, ripping the leg of my jeans. It was everything I could do not to grab a shovel and chase her down myself... Or to fling her into the stall with my most agressive mare and see who wins... I hate that f-ing rabbit....

This is the link to the NY chapter of the House Rabbit Society. Maybe they can help, since they would be your best resource for "bunny whisperers." I'm hoping someone there would a) not be able to resist that face, and b) be willing to take on the um, challenge. Crockpot sounds like she's not for the novice bunny enthusiast. She's adorable.

www.therabbitresource.org

If you click on Contacts, it'll take you to their regional coordinators.

Good luck!

With dog rescue groups, when you knowingly place an animal with a bite history you are forever responsible, even if the new owner was told, signs that the know history etc. Not sure here but my guess is if you give her away you might be sued 6 months later. Cause like with dogs there is always someone who will ignore you and let their two year old leap into the rabbit hutch, just cause he wants to. On the other hand you might collect a list here of people who want others ripped to shreds and we could send innocent looking crockpot around the US as a secret weapon.
    Visions of Willie Wonka saying "oh, please, don't touch that" dance in my head.
    maybe house rabbit folks could help with a low cost spay certificate?

I contacted the house rabbit people with no success. They have too many adoptable rabbits to take in one that has a questionable future.

I'm sorry but I can't stop laughing thinking about an attack rabbit, she sounds like she'd have my bunny killing Jack Russell running for his life!

I'm not actively advising this, but alot of rabbit breeders will tell you to breed her. Alot of girl bunnies get aggressive until they have kits. But, then again, these are also breeders who don't have a problem making bunny stew with their culls. I raised alot of rabbits in my 4H years, but I wasn't real successful at it because I kept everything I bred. Some were successful show winners, some were not, but they all had a home with me.

You've already done a nice thing for this bunny just by bringing her home from the auction. I'm sure she would have been stew a long time ago if it weren't for you.

I am getting the funniest visual picturing that cute little bunny chasing you down the aisle and attacking you!

Not that I'm advocating this but..... my brother had a bunny that escaped years and years ago and met up with the local rabbits and well, let's just say we had some very interesting looking bunnies hopping around our neighborhood for the next few years!

Default I feel your pain

OMG-I am laughing so hard at your post-because I had the exact same rabbit-an attack one that is-that was a lion-head too. Her name was "Cramer" ya know-like the character on Seinfeld with the hair...Anyway-the thing was vicious! She had this little wooden house that she would sit in and when I would go to feed her-she would come flying out of it at me-making this grunting noise. If you would put your hand in her cage and grab one of her toys-she would come charging out and start attacking the toy too. She bit me plenty of times too. My friend Tina came over for my 40th birthday party and was in love with the thing-so she got to take it home as a parting gift-cage and all. I will never get another rabbit cause they STINK too!

I had an evil pet rabbit as a child. This totally took me back

Ski gloves are your friend!

Good Luck!

I feel your pain, too.

Many years ago when I was still on a career track I wanted a pet in the worst way. The Humane Society wouldn't approve me for a kitten because I was gone all day at work, but they were thrilled to approve me for a rabbit. That should have been a clue. We lived in a big city, the rabbit and I, and we were both lonely for the wild open spaces of our dreams. He ran loose in my big open loft apartment and ate the woodwork, the rugs, the furniture and once ate the telephone cord while I was on the phone ("Hello? Hello?"). After eating the furniture he liked to rest in the bathroom between the toilet and the wall. It was probably the most den-like place in the entire open floor plan. I gave a lot of parties then. People occasionally had to use the bathroom. Sometimes all hell would break loose in there. My dinner guests felt your pain, too.

And the house rabbit people couldn't help me either.

Default WHOPS...bunny ran away?

Have you tried that?

I have a girlfriend who is TERRIFIED of bunnys because of the same type of attack. I was house sitting for her neighbor who had a very very friendly lop eared bunny. Named Floppy. Well, that same neighbor had a bird-some kind of parrot. Well, I'm terrified of birds and the dang birg squeezed out of the cage! I ran out of the house and over to my girlfriends. She comes over, goes into the kitchen, then she spots the bunny and high tails it out of the house and screams at me about the bunny being out of it's cage!! LOL So, we had to recruit another neighbor to put in the rabbit, so she could put in the bird. LOL....it was quite funny.
    *Better to have loved than to have never loved at all.*
    ALWAYS Blessings NEVER losses.

My husband took one look at that picture, saw the brown fur, and said "Is that BLOOD?"

Good luck with your bunny

Default Crockpot's Muse

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcxKIJTb3Hg

Just for giggles, for those who have never seen it.

hey, there's a python listed here in the Giveaways...maybe whoever takes the snake will want ol Crockpot too.

I know...that was awful of me...
    Save lives! Adopt a pet from your local shelter.