The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Talking Rolex Shopping List - What's in your shopping bag!

Wondering if anyone else is taking a list with them to Rolex, I'd like to get a nice leather halter with nameplate for my new boy. I'm going to check out my tack room to see what I need.
    Last edited by horsecents; May. 4, 2008 at 10:40 AM.

Instead of buying your halter at Rolex, you should order one from www.centralkentuckytackandleather.com instead, it will be cheaper, and then you will have more $$$$ to spend at the trade fair!!
    The only difference between a runaway and a fast gallop is nothing but a SMILE
    Most horses cross the Rainbow Bridge, but TEDDY JUMPED IT!!!
    Member of the COTH Enabler Clique

PDC--Ah, but it's so much more fun to shop for such things at Rolex!!! I want a new dressage pad, since we've been confined to the square sandbox for three months straight (ACK) I think it's in order!!!!

If the stars are all aligned by June/July I will need something for the 3D jog, so how about a cool hat? Something that won't scare the hell out of Hubble (nothing derby-esque).

Smile

This is our first time to watch. It is going to be me and my mom, two of my friends, and their moms. My dad got us two rooms at the Embassy Suites because he travels so much.

I already know I want...
    Offset Eye Stirrups
    T-Shirt and/or Hoody and/or Hat
    I am bound to get more saddle pads
    Boots for dressage
    Spurs
    Jumping Bridle
    Short girth
    D-savers
    T3DE Pact

This is my first time too, but I've decided a new vest will be looked at. The one I have now is my original vest that I bought when the rule became effective way back when. I've grown a bit since then, I still squash myself in it, but still a new one would be better.

I'm currently horseless, so don't know what else to buy. But my friend said to buy something for me. I'm sure there will be lots and lots.

Cody

Hmm, what do I need?
    -CO helmet
    -XC boots
    -New halter
    -gloves
    of course tons of rk3de sweatshirts and T-shirts!!
    I LOVE Rolex shopping, it is better than Christmas
    Katie

"I'm not afraid to fall, to fall is not to fail, you fail when you don't try"

I've been keeping a mental list since last year

- New girth
    - New stirrup leathers for my jumping saddle
    - Get new CO helmet properly fitted (fell off today, so need a new one *now*).
    - Try every x-c saddle I can get my hiney on so that I can see what I'd like to try on Tristan.
    - Rolex visor & new ball caps
    - A turnout blanket if there are any good sales

Just 23 more days
    Proud supporter of SprotHorseRiders.com

I will be comparing Rodney Powell and Airowear vests, and trying on helmets for dressage/SJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    This is my first time too, but I've decided a new vest will be looked at. The one I have now is my original vest that I bought when the rule became effective way back when. I've grown a bit since then, I still squash myself in it, but still a new one would be better.

I'm currently horseless, so don't know what else to buy. But my friend said to buy something for me. I'm sure there will be lots and lots.

Cody
    Ha! me too! my "original" fortunately broke at the Intro to Eventing clinic - I'm now looking for a new one - keep me posted as to what you see out there. Can't quite make myself travel to Lexington just to shop - would LOVE to visit with Talura and Jennifer, but nope, Rolex is something I can't ratiionalize.
    ~ it no longer matters what level I do, as long as I am doing it..~ with many thanks, to Elizabeth Callahan

This year, I am on a TIGHT budget so I will be doing very little actual shopping.

However, I am going to try on as many different vests as I can. I have an OLD Harry Hall (from 1995) that must be replaced before I start doing XC again and I have no idea how anything fits. I am also looking for a new show helmet-- kinda intrigued by the Lamicell's.

The two things that I will be buying is a Rolex visor and a t-shirt. I can't go and not bring home some item of clothing!

I had a clean-out and threw some stuff away. IF I was going, and IF I had not thrown it away, I would wear my Rolex t-shirt from l988 when 40 of us trooped down to watch David Wilding-Davies ride Crusader before Seoul Olympics. It would be a true vintage T. I will never throw another commemorative t-shirt away again.

HP has a question-

Is there stuff for the non-Eventer/DQ at the Rolex trade shows? Would a HP be greatly disappointed? (If not converted...LOL!)
    Seig Heil Polo Shirt!

RFI -- if you can't rationalize Rolex, then you aren't trying hard enough!

I'm going to be on a tight budget too thanks to the boys vet bills, but I also need a new vest and want to try on the aerowear ones and I think Harvey needs a new leather halter -- Ben still has the one I bought at Rolex in 2000, so I think it qualifies as a good buy!

I'm sure something else will strike my fancy before I head home!

libby
    *Proud member of the Hoof Fetish Clique*
    I have Higher Standards ...do you? Find us on FB!
    Higher Standards Custom Leather Care -- Handcrafted Saddle Soap

Oh my, I havn't started to think about Rolex shopping yet! I've been too scared that my list would get much larger than my wallet. But, come to think of it..I wouldn't mind a new bridle, and my woof boots are almost dead...And I could really use a new (nice) body brush...and...lol, okay, I'll stop now!
    Team Awesome fo sho!

Default Mine

A new dressage girth and whatever is being sold to benefit Darren. Wish I could afford a few more things but have to sell a saddle to do that.
    Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Goethe

My friend and I have lists started. We cant wait!!! So excited!
    Busy Bee Farm, Ellijay, GA
    Never Ride Faster Than Your Guardian Angel Can Fly
    Way Back Texas~04/20/90-09/17/08
    Green Alligator "Captain"

Pirateer - check out vendor list on the Rolex Kentucky Event site. Last time I was there I bought some great no-bow wraps, ordered saddle covers and boot bags in my colors and tried on a lot of different breeches (bought a pair of white fullseats from Tanya) and a Kerrits windjacket with Rolex logo (which was very reasonably priced!). Plus Area 8 has a bag check so you can shop and drop off your purchases without having to make multiple trips to your car or lug them around

I'm on a tight budget too, thanks to last months huge vet bills. But, this trip is for me and I plan on shopping. On our way down we are stopping at Prime Outlet for the day. I want some new clothes for work and some jeans etc.

When we get to Rolex, I will of course buy some t-shirts and hoodies. I also usually get a saddle pad to add to the collection. I would really like to buy some Ariat field boots, but I need a weird size so I am hopping it will be in stock. If wormers are cheap, I will load up on those too, as worming 6 horses can get pretty expensive so any cost savings is worth my while. I want a leather halter or two, and maybe some new gloves.

Quote Originally Posted by horsecents View Post
    Pirateer - check out vendor list on the Rolex Kentucky Event site. Last time I was there I bought some great no-bow wraps, ordered saddle covers and boot bags in my colors and tried on a lot of different breeches (bought a pair of white fullseats from Tanya) and a Kerrits windjacket with Rolex logo (which was very reasonably priced!). Plus Area 8 has a bag check so you can shop and drop off your purchases without having to make multiple trips to your car or lug them around
    oo, bag check! That is such a good idea I usually wait until sunday afternoon to buy stuff so tha I don't have to lug it around; but by then all of the really good stuff is gone
    Katie

"I'm not afraid to fall, to fall is not to fail, you fail when you don't try"

Ok, I've never been but am going this year. Are things priced the same as what you would find on the internet or are there more bargins?

I'm looking for a new cob sized bridle and a dressage girth (and a new helmet, a ROLEX sweatshirt or hat would be nice, oh and a couple nice saddle pads for shows, and I could always use a couple of pair of breeches....the list is neverending!)