The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Kentucky Hay????

Does anyone have a good source for a grass hay or orchard/grass mix in Kentucky?? I do not need Timothy or Alfalfa, it is just too rich for the horses here when we have our grass come in. I need a good quality hay but nothing with too much protein, just a filler hay. It must be reasonably priced.

I'm in Lexington Kentucky and my current hay supplier is UNRELIABLE!

I'm trying to get a group together to buy a truckload of it, if you want to join its 5.75 a bale. PM for details.
    Kelly
    It is rare to see a rider who is truly passionate about the horse and his training, taking a profound interest in dressage with self-abnegation, and making this extraordinarily subtle work one of the dominant motivations of his life.\"

I can't help you right now, but we will have hay this year on our farm and will have enough to sell as well. Will sell it reasonably if you come pick it up out of the field when it is baled instead of us having to stack it all! Let me know later in the year if you still need more. Fingers crossed for no drought this year! We've had enough moisture so far!
    Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved. - William Jennings Bryan

http://www.halcyon-hill.com