The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Which stallions are known for throwing powerful hindquarters???

Just wondering which stallions are known for throwing powerful hindquarters. Any suggestions???
    http://www.talloaksfarm.net ---"Success is not final, failure is not fatal; it is the courage to continue that counts." --- Winston Churchill

I would say Prince Optimus for one.

Default Suggestion: Lotus T

Some of you may think that it is advertising, but it is not. Lotus T has been used extensively to fix small, weak rear ends/short croups in a lot of Holsteiner and TB mares. The proof is in the pudding. www.prairiepinesfarm.com

It might be construed less like advertising if you:

1. Didn't recommend your stallion on Every Single 'Which Stallion ... ?' thread

and/or

2. Had other recommendations besides your stallion. Surely he isn't the ONLY stallion in the world to ________ (whatever mare-owner is requesting). You mean the entire D-line isn't known for powerful engines? Give me a break.
    "You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." - The Little Prince

Default D-line

Quote Originally Posted by retrofit View Post
    It might be construed less like advertising if you:

1. Didn't recommend your stallion on Every Single 'Which Stallion ... ?' thread

and/or

2. Had other recommendations besides your stallion. Surely he isn't the ONLY stallion in the world to ________ (whatever mare-owner is requesting). You mean the entire D-line isn't known for powerful engines? Give me a break.
    Very interesting. I do not know any responsible and knowledgable breeder to select or recommend "D" line (I assume Donnerhall) stallions for a jumper. What if a mare owner takes your advice and breeds to a "D'- line stallion and a foal can't jump at the level of the owner's expectation? What is the recourse, where is your responsibility?
    I can only speak for stallions that I have personally bred to, more than just once or twice (there are about 10 of them), or stallions whose offspring I trained and where I knew the dams. That is called experience and responsibility. There are a lot of people here recommending stallions who they have only seen on pictures and videos as have actually no idea what exactly they produce on certain type of mares. Most of their "knowledge" is hearsay. That, I think is a whole lot more irresponsible and reprehensible. www.prairiepinesfarm.com

Pablo

My baby by him has got BACK. We call her the Arnold Schwarzeneggar baby because she is one BIG muscle. Not a moment of an ackward stage yet.
    The rider casts his heart over the fence,
    the horse jumps in pursuit of it.

–Hans-Heinrich Isenbart

I have not personally used Cisco However, I have seen him up close and personal (my daughter has ridden him) AND I have seen about 10 of his foals over a two-year period from a wide range of mares of varying quality. All the foals that I have seen have the same big, round, powerful hindquarters as their sire, Cisco. Now, I wouldn't use him to produce a dressage horse.....
    We ourselves used Lotus T on our Alla'Czar mare to improve elasticity and add some size.....Czola's hind quarters are just fine We are expecting a very fancy, tall chestnut with lots of bling and .good movement And the resulting foal is already spoken for....:smile
    Last edited by Sakura Hill Farm; Dec. 18, 2007 at 09:49 AM. Reason: addition
    Sakura Hill Farm
    Now on Facebook

Young and developing horses for A-circuit jumper and hunter rings.

Gold Luck offspring often have very large hindquarters and he is very good at shortening the back and adding substantial hindquarter (especially in the croup and gaskin muscles)

My Balta Czar filly has a cute Butt! It is strong and powerful! Of course mom is TB, which couldn't hurt
    http://www.herselffarm.com
    Proud of my Hunter Breeding Princesses
    "Grief is the price we all pay for love," Gretchen Jackson (1/29/07) In Memory of Barbaro

Holsteiner blood should help improve the engine.
    Silver Creek Farms - home of Apiro & Validation
    Visit us on facebook!

It's safe to say an Irish Draught will improve the hind end every time.
    Megan

Default Hi Megan!

Second the Irish Draught bum!

They will also add some major SPRINGS in the hind leg - not to mention bone and foot to carry the whole package easily and stay sound in work.
    Homesick Angels Farm
    breeders of quality Irish Draught Sporthorses
    standing Manu Forti's Touch Down RID
    www.IrishHuntersandJumpers.com

Irish bums are the best. An ID weanling gives new meaning to the phrase "baby got back"

Megan

I'm surprised there are not more Hanoverians and Oldenburgs and other warmbloods suggested. Wonder what it means??!!
    http://www.talloaksfarm.net ---"Success is not final, failure is not fatal; it is the courage to continue that counts." --- Winston Churchill

Here's one who puts a rocket under the saddle:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tq0YH8AyX0A
    Anne
    -------
    "Where knowledge ends violence begins." B. Ljundquist

Ironman
    Home of Ironman: GOV, BWP, RPSI, CSHA, AWR, ISR Oldenburg, CWHBA, CSHA, CS, and PHR.
    www.ironmanonline.com

The ones I've had experience throwing super powerful hind quarters with a lot of lift (not just a big butt), Goodtimes, Navarone and Cardento.

Kathy
    www.majesticgaits.com
    Majestic Gaits-Dutch Warmbloods,#1 USEF Dressage Sporthorse Breeder. #1 KWPN-NA Jumpers.Standing Navarone,Schroeder,Dante MG.VDL Frozen. Approval KWPN Han OLD RPSI BWP Canadian SWANA sBs SF Holst

My Chaka Kahn (Holst) filly has quite the rear end. http://pets.webshots.com/photo/23110...55789344hmGpfV

Is this for jumpers or for dressage, as there is a difference in what you want to see. For jumpers I'd say Concorde (Votaire) hands down......(I know, I know, but then the rideability goes!) For dressage, Weltmeyer, Goodtimes, Flemmingh come to mind. I could think of others I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by not again View Post
    Here's one who puts a rocket under the saddle:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tq0YH8AyX0A
    WOW!!!
    Check out my Equine Genetics Blog! Updated April 25th with Splashed White!!!
    http://equinegenetics.blogspot.com/