The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Stallions that did the 100 Day Test

Some seem to have little current information available.
    Where are they now?
    Do they have performance records, are they breeding, etc?

NAME YEAR of TEST
    arts aero 2004
    masterpiece 2004
    warcloud 2004
    landchampion 2004
    conrad 1 2004
    galeno tyme 2004
    donnerstein 2004
    iconicus 2004
    caleb 2004
    le cavalier 2002
    spectrum 2002
    boca raton 2002
    patrick 2002
    grandios 2000
    allerbester 2000
    presidio 2000
    odyssey 2000
    watch me 2000
    ransom pch 2000
    applejack 2000
    amour 1998
    amor reto 1996
    merlin 1995
    page nine 1990

Caleb is currently showing in dressage with Claire Darnell. He's qualified for the Region 9 Championships in the SWDC FOURTH LEVEL JR CHAMPIONSHIP, GREAT AM/USDF FOURTH LEVEL JR CHAMP, SWDC THIRD LEVEL JR CHAMPIONSHIP and GREAT AM/USDF THIRD LEVEL JR CHAMP. (sorry for the crazy capitals, I copied off showsecretary.com). Claire has done a terrific job with him.

If I recall correctly, Le Cavalier was gelded.

And remember that Caleb's owner place got hit by a tornado not long after the 100DT! So, that set her back some.

I own Puerto D'Azur, who was the 1998 champion of the 100DT. I was not the owner at the time of the testing, but I can tell you as of currently he is activly breeding and has offspring proving themself worthy in the rated shows. One which is going Advanced now in eventing.

Our stallion was bred some and Bill Coester show him and trained him up to FEI, but went seperate ways with the old barn who owned him and then Puerto pretty much hung out (literally) and bred for the last 6 yrs. Sad to say, but true.

I have had a lot of conversations with stallion owners and its a hell of a project to deal with. Im sure Ronda could add in here, but its not always fun. Money that is involved is mind boggling! Ads are enough alone to break you as well as promoting a stallion by showing, training, etc. So in short, I think after the 100DT we dont hear a lot from the SO's because after a while, the money just is not always there.

I know many are happy with 5-10 breedings a year, just to offset their costs. They dont show or advertise heavy as that would up their overhead through the roof. So, I think that is why some "fall off the planet".........

Plus, dealing with a stallion each and every day can be a love/hate relationship! Nothing like getting a call from a vet at 6am to tell me he needs a collection that day (time difference and vet got started at early am!) Ughgh! LOL

This is Puerto as of two days ago - he is still going strong and very happy -
    http://www.spindletopfarm.net/Pmorepics.htm
    Last edited by STF; Oct. 31, 2007 at 10:58 PM. Reason: add
    www.spindletopfarm.net
    Home of Puerto D'Azur - 1998 NA 100 Day Test Champion
    "Charcter is much easier kept than recovered"

Donnerstein broke a leg in a pasture accident and was treated but it was too bad of a break to fix and he was euthanized.
    PennyG

Masterpiece did the 30 day test. He is currently competing in dressage.

DiVinci, who won the 2002 test, is showing at Grand Prix dressage with scores in the 60's. He also has various offspring out showing - including a 2003 mare scoring in the 70's at Training Level with an AA rider.

Quote Originally Posted by TKR View Post
    Donnerstein broke a leg in a pasture accident and was treated but it was too bad of a break to fix and he was euthanized.
    PennyG
    That is really sad. I remember seeing that horse at his Hanoverian foal inspection and thought it was great when he became an approved stallion. I'm sure his owner was devastated, since she had raised him.

Le Cavalier was gelded and sold as an A hunter. Lots of frozen left and he is still activated with a lot of registries. I think his owner said it was way too expensive to campaign him

Quote Originally Posted by elizabeth Callahan View Post
    Le Cavalier was gelded and sold as an A hunter. Lots of frozen left and he is still activated with a lot of registries. I think his owner said it was way too expensive to campaign him
    Is this a recent sale for Le Cavalier? I thought the last time I spoke with Emmett he had him back at home, this was before the Chestnut Lawn Farm inspection in Sept. I hope for his sake the gelding is sold!!
    http://www.talloaksfarm.net ---"Success is not final, failure is not fatal; it is the courage to continue that counts." --- Winston Churchill

Bernie - I thought he was sold several years ago . Maybe I'm wrong or does Emmet have him back?

Bernie - I thought he was sold several years ago . Maybe I'm wrong or does Emmet have him back?
    Ditto. I understood this happened several years ago as well.

I put Le Cavalier on my list as I was unsure about his status. USEF has results for him as a Junior Hunter from 2/2006 till 8/2006 and then nothing after that.
    So he would have been gelded prior to 2/2006.
    USEF's results show Emmett Turner as the owner.
    Perhaps he was sold on or is showing under another name?

Presidio is owned by my Aunt, and as stated on her website he unfortunately sustained an injury during the 100 day test, so was unable to go to a competition career. He is still breeding, approved with the GOV, and has a stallion on the ground, Prescription, along with having many first premium foals with the GOV.

Here is a link to his site, http://www.canterbury-court.com/Presidio.html.

As I stated earlier, in my conversations with Emmett prior to our CLF inspection in mid Sept, he said he had Le Cavalier back at his farm. I know he was in training and showing but don't know if he was ever sold. Nevertheless, Emmett said he was home on the farm.
    http://www.talloaksfarm.net ---"Success is not final, failure is not fatal; it is the courage to continue that counts." --- Winston Churchill

Here is Watch Me, the site says he suffered an injury http://garrisonequine.com/stallion.htm

As far as I know, Spectrum is still at Silverwood Farm in Virginia. I don't know what his current show record is, though, the most current info on the website only goes through 2000. Maybe Liz Hall will see this thread and comment. http://www.silverwoodfarm.com/spectrum.html
    Erin
    Dodon Farm - Home of Salute The Truth, Thoroughbred Stallion and on Facebook
    The Retired Racehorse Training Project, a 501(c)3 Non profit organization.

Emmett still has Le Cavalier. Here is his website http://www.rylandknollfarm.com

DiVinci is doing well. Here is his website http://www.bellvaledressage.com

Default Galeno Tyme

Does anyone know why he hasn't really done anything since the testing in 2004? He is SUCH an AMAZING stallion! I think we'd all give our right arm to own a horse like that! I'm just wondering why it seems he hasn't gone on to a show career? SOOOOOO much talant! Maybe she's worried he'll get injured?
    www.vineyardeventing.com
    Home of Worthy Opponent!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Renae View Post
    Here is Watch Me, the site says he suffered an injury http://garrisonequine.com/stallion.htm
    By the way, Watch Me, did not score well enough at the stallion testing to be approved by any of the warmblood registries. He was then sold and has gone through several hands since then.

Applejack died, I believe.

Amor Reto is still around in Batavia, OH, at http://legacyfarmltd.com/ where he is still making babies after an injury ended his dressage career.
    Visit Sonesta Farms website at www.sonestafarms.com or our FaceBook page at www.facebook.com/sonestafarms. Also showing & breeding Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.