Progressive Show Jumping (PSJ) is implementing protocol regarding entering Highfields Event Center due to a positive case of EHV-1 in Ocala, Florida. PSJ is taking precautionary steps for the safety of the horses at Highfields Event Center.
Effective immediately, no horses will be allowed to ship into the Highfields Event Center property without a current health certificate. Certificates must have been done within 7 days prior to arrival. In addition and until further notice, we will not allow any horses onto the property arriving from Ocala, Florida that were on the Post Time Show Grounds after February 17th, 2013.
Please obtain a health certificate from your local veterinarian or call our Highfields Event Center Veterinarian, Performance Equine Vets at 803-640-9282.
PSJ is asking all equestrians, to implement protocols and be proactive and responsible for their horses. We recommend you contribute by following the basic protocol below.
1) A health certificate within 7 days prior to arrival.
2) A current negative Coggins test.
3) Please document your horse's normal temperature before arrival. It is recommended that you establish a log of temperatures taken at least twice daily. If there is an elevated temperature for more than a 24 hour period, consult your local veterinarian immediately and keep all your horses at home in quarantine.
4) It is strongly recommended that all horses be vaccinated for Equine EHV-1 (either modified live or killed vaccine) no sooner than 7 days prior and no later than 90 days prior to entering Highfields Event Center. Most EHV-1 vaccines are only considered effective for 90 days. Check with your veterinarian about which vaccine you use.
5) After arrival to Highfields if a horse comes down with a fever of unknown origin or of suspicious origin it must be reported to PSJ immediately. The horse will need to be removed from the grounds immediately and evaluated by a veterinarian.
We want to ensure you and your horse's safety and hope that you understand the need for our enforcement of this protocol.
Please monitor our web site at www.psjshows.com or our Facebook page for any and all updates. Further questions can be directed to: 803-649-3505 or firstname.lastname@example.org